My job

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found that generally men will backstab you as much as women, but the good thing about men is they'll do it to your face.. instead of the stealth and dagger routine...

Sheesh! And I'm working with women... one is over 50, one is in her 40's, and one is exactly 4 days younger than me (she's the department manager).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, today wasn't toooooo tooooo bad. It will be the end of my 4th week tomorrow......if they could just find more things for me to do, it would help. I can handle them not talking to me very much. I just hate being bored. At my last job, I was very bored too, but we had so much freedom there. TCS all day! Not here. IF I go on, I have to sneak.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're actually permitted to web surf here, provided it's not overzealous... it's even in our handbook. We are not, however, permitted to check our home emails.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

I've found that generally men will backstab you as much as women, .
That's very true...I love sitting in the mostly male meeting and having information about my personal life getting brought up or my ideas being stolen
I just suppress my temper at that point.

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Well, today wasn't toooooo tooooo bad. It will be the end of my 4th week tomorrow......if they could just find more things for me to do, it would help. I can handle them not talking to me very much. I just hate being bored. At my last job, I was very bored too, but we had so much freedom there. TCS all day! Not here. IF I go on, I have to sneak.
No TCS Freedom?!
We have a department manager like that here. In fact his department is only one locked down because [before I came here] he thought too many people were surfing. It's actually funny [IMO] to watch the logs the day before he goes on vacation and the days that is his away. The 3 people allowed to have internet access basicallly triple their surfing time

Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

We're actually permitted to web surf here, provided it's not overzealous... it's even in our handbook. We are not, however, permitted to check our home emails.
IMO and being in charge of monitoring the Internet access, I agree. If you're going to a chat site or booking flights for your next vacation, I don't care.

However if you're watching a game on ESPN, I'll more than likely boot you off for 5 minutes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Hola Susie,!
still you boring???...
Not today Amigo! They actually gave me a whole day's worth of work to do!!