My Indoor Only Male Cat Got Out

Bobsmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my baby, my indoor only cat Bob got out two Sunday nights ago...I live in wa large complex and he has been spotted many times even by us...he was coming to the door to eat the food I left out (i kno it was him i finally caught him on camera) we are getting a trap tonight but he has stopped coming to eat the food I am leaving out! I saw him Friday night but he ran...it has been two weeks why wont he come home? how long will it take to get him home? Ive left his lietter box out, his blanket, ive left cans of tuna and sardines which he has been eating up until 4 days ago now he isnt coming to eat them...I know he is still in my complex which is so frustrating...does anyone have any advice or suggestions how to get him home? why has he stopped coming to eat the food im leaving out? I really want him back inside before something bad happens ...please help me I am so depressed and stressed out

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you set up a trap? Sometimes rescue groups or local shelters will loan or rent them out. Sorry; I misread that! I would talk to your neighbors or post flyers in case someone else is feeding him. They might be able to trap him too.

I've heard of people using KFC chicken to lure them. You just have to remove all the skin because the spices in it aren't safe for them. But the smell is supposed to be irresistible.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bobsmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you...I have done the flyers and talking to neighbors...left out tuna which he loves and he was coming but he stpped 4 days ago...getting a trap tonight...

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My biggest fear and my heart goes out to you. I would quietly walk through the complex and have his favorite snack or food on hand in case he makes an appearance. I have a habit of baby speaking to my cats/dogs and calmly call and talk to him. Trapping should work and I truly wish you success. I had a kitty rip a screen and stay out several hours until she meowed at my bedroom window at 3am and I brought her inside. Anything is possible, good luck!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My male cat escaped once. He was gone for two days and I was sure he was dead, but then he stuck his cute little head out of the woods. But when I went to get him, he turned his head and pretended he didn't even know me! He was playing with the neighbor's cat in the woods. So I took a plate of his favorite kibble and he couldn't resist. I set the plate down and while he was eating I grabbed him and ran back into the house.

Bobsmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my baby, my indoor only cat Bob got out two Sunday nights ago...I live in wa large complex and he has been spotted many times even by us...he was coming to the door to eat the food I left out (i kno it was him i finally caught him on camera) we are getting a trap tonight but he has stopped coming to eat the food I am leaving out! I saw him Friday night but he ran...it has been two weeks why wont he come home? how long will it take to get him home? Ive left his lietter box out, his blanket, ive left cans of tuna and sardines which he has been eating up until 4 days ago now he isnt coming to eat them...I know he is still in my complex which is so frustrating...does anyone have any advice or suggestions how to get him home? why has he stopped coming to eat the food im leaving out? I really want him back inside before something bad happens ...please help me I am so depressed and stressed out

Shadowhunter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww I'm so glad he came home. I was going to suggest maybe a female cat nearby had got his attention and possibly her owner had mistaken him for a stray and was feeding him.

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HELP!! same thing just happened with my BabyBoy apollo, he has never been outside I am freaking out. I have used litter out on my front porch so he can find his scent ... I have the front door propped open and my other cat and dog in a back room so Apollo can get in, I am so worried right now he is due for shots and I live in a trailer park where there are tons of mangy strays... I'm in the middle of a panic attack IDK what else to do. He is my baby and I am so worried about him

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
HELP!! same thing just happened with my BabyBoy apollo, he has never been outside I am freaking out. I have used litter out on my front porch so he can find his scent ... I have the front door propped open and my other cat and dog in a back room so Apollo can get in, I am so worried right now he is due for shots and I live in a trailer park where there are tons of mangy strays... I'm in the middle of a panic attack IDK what else to do. He is my baby and I am so worried about him
Any luck with the treat shaking and calling?

Bobsmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone I am very sorry I haven't checked back in..."....yes I got bob back home after 16 long sad painful scary days...I rented a trap and got him the very same night I rented it! For anyone who has cat go missing please read all of the articles online especially the one from Three Retrievers, it saved my sanity...please also rent a trap if none of the other advice works...just make sure to put extra tasty food in there and cover it with a familiar blanket...also please keep leaving food out as close to your door as you can, if they have easy access to food when they arent scared to come out and eat they will not wander far..than you to all of you who prayed for Bob's safe return and all of your wonderful advice! He has been home 3 months now and I am still shell shocked, I am terrified everytime i leave my screened balcony glass door open to get fresh air bc I am scared to death he will slip out and I wont see it.

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omgosh IDK what shape I would've been In if Apollo would've been gone for that long.. he ended up back at like 2 In the morning.. so a total of like 8 hrs and I was a total mess.. I'm glad u got your furball back home safely!