My husband was in a car accident

venuskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He was in a head on collision on the way to work. He is in surgery. His brain and spine seem fine, but his spleen is being removed, there is blood in his lungs, and his legs have multiple fractures. He will be in the hospital for a few weeks at least, they say.

I'm so scared. Please pray or think about him....he needs it....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

venuskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, thankfully. We are blessed to have local family and friends.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many hugs and prayers being sent to you and your husband 

lt sounds like he's being well taken care of. Wishing him a very speedy full recovery.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes: Prayers for your husband's speedy recovery. We're in Florida also. Don't know where you are but if you need anything pls let us know.

venuskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, John is out of the initial surgery. Turns out the spleen was actually okay, but there was damage to his intestines and colon. They repaired the bleeding, and barring any infection or complications in subsequent surgeries, he should end up okay. It will be a long road, though, with physical and occupational therapy, and he likely won't leave the hospital until after Christmas. At least our tree is small, artificial, and portable, right?

venuskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting next to John in the ICU. He's sleeping off the effects of, well, everything, and even if he was awake he wouldn't be able to talk due to the breathing tubes. His eyes have fluttered open a little, but otherwise he's completely out and I don't blame him. His abdomen will remain open (but guarded) until the morning, and he'll probably have more surgery there tomorrow. His leg injuries total (I think) a fractured left ankle, a fractured left kneecap, and a fractured right femur.

It's been a long day, but thank you all for helping me through it. I know that this is only the beginning, but hopefully this is the worst part.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many thoughts and prayers for your husband, and for you 
 . It's going to be a long road, but at least his brain and spine weren't injured and his body will heal. Please keep us posted and take care of yourself too!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness, what an awful thing you guys are going through. Many, many :vibes: for the healing road ahead.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are in my prayersl.

I hope All the TCS good
work their usual magic.

What an awful thing to go through, I am glad you have family to be with you. It is really hard to go through such a tough time alone. 

7irishkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Prayers sent for your husband, you and your family!

Wishing him a very speedy recovery