My husband had a heat stroke Thursday

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and I have been taking care of him since then..he went back to work for the first time today since the event that happened then....
This my reasoning for not being around much for the past few days....my life is very very busy right now, and I am just so thankful that he is ok...his left arm is temporarily paralized due to the trauma, he went in yesterday for an ER follow up, and they took some blood, and they will know for sure if this is a temporary or permanent thing with his arm....it was soo scary you all....I got there after the worst happened..he had passed out a couple times, and one of his co-workers, carried him in the ER....he had no control over his upper part of his body...they had to give him a muscle relaxer for this, and I got there shortly after that, and after about an hour, it started to wear off, and his arms started going everywhere once again...they had to give him another dose of muscle relaxer( nubaine I do believe is what it was, and it hasn't happened again since...they released him around 9:00 that night after being there since 4:00...I know that was the scariest thing I have ever seen you all...I just know i am thankful to have my husband here today..I thought I was going to lose him..but so far he is doing well since then.......just say a prayer that he continues to get better each day please?...thanks....

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so scary Kathy!
Prayers going your way!
Keep us updated on how he is!

(((((hugs)))))

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, Kathy, I'm so glad he's OK and able to go back to work. What did they find out about his test for Diabetes? Sending prayers for a complete recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he ended up not going but he will be getting a test done this coming Monday...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That must have been terribly scary! I hope that he gets stronger daily! I am sending many prayers your way!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear that he had a heatstroke, and you had to be so terrified. Sending prayers out to both of you, and lots of Board Magic! I hope both of you make it through this ok.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband!!! I am saying a prayer for him! Let us know how he is doing!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kathy dear, I'm so sorry! I'm sure you're ready to pull your hair out right about now! Saying lots of prayers for you all! I do believe that positive thoughts will help him get better! I'm sure you've got your hands full with the kids & Steve, but please don't neglect to take care of yourself!
(((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS TO YOU)))))))))))))))))))))

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
geez thats dangerous, so glad hes going to be okay. please keep safe and becareful in the heat.