My Homecare Cleaning Lady Drives me Crazy!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oy, she follows you. Eeeg. I was hoping she'd get it.

Sounds frustrating. I don't know what to say.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDubbie

oy, she follows you. Eeeg. I was hoping she'd get it.

Sounds frustrating. I don't know what to say.
Yeah, she does. I had that stupid headache and my pain meds weren't helping so I figured maybe if I had something to eat. I usually have a chocolate slim fast shake (my version of it with fruit, coffee, splenda and ice) for my lunch so I went to make myself one to see if that would help my headache and she followed me and watched me make it.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Chatty I can usually manage. But she isn't "chatty" in the normal sense of the word. Listening to someone talk is totally different to listening to someone constantly rant and complain.
You know what you do then?. Start laughing when she starts banging her gums, and say in a light hearted manner "Can you not talk about something more cheerful?!"

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my sister used to be in the situation that she lived in an apartment and had some people come multiple times a day to help her do things and to clean for her (she has muscular dystrophy). She had some horror stories too about how the people treated her.
She is 21 and now she lives in a nursing home. She just got to the point where she needed too much care to live on her own, and more care than our mom could give her alone.
I remember they always gave her a lot of guff about her cat, who was old and ailing. That always made me so mad, I mean the poor girl all she really had was her cat and they would give her a hard time about having to clean up after the cat.

Anyway, I am sorry about the troubles you have with your cleaning lady.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

No. This service is part of our government healthcare which is paid for by our tax dollars. So I don't pay anything for the twice monthly cleaning or twice weekly shower help.
OK...I was thinking that perhaps it was part of a rehabilitation program. B use to work for a work force program that basically required certain people on to work for the state by court order.

Anyhoo, he said that some of the cleaning services in MI would hire these people who were basically the laziest people that didn't want to work, but had to in order to get their child back from foster care or something. I thought maybe your cleaning lady was under this category.

You seriously have quite the patience with this woman. When I want quiet (especially if I have a headache like yours sounded), I really erupt on people who won't shut up.

It would have been OK if she could talk and work at the same time (then less time that she was there), however if she can't do both then perhaps you should report her. I understand what you said about the shortage of homecare workers, but really if its part of healthcare, isn't talking your ear off you while you have a headache not healthy? Certainly doesn't help the frame of mind.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretend to fall asleep on the couch. Even when she's vacuuming. Then say it's the pain meds making you drowsy, and you're so sorry you fell asleep-- as she's leaving

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Pretend to fall asleep on the couch. Even when she's vacuuming. Then say it's the pain meds making you drowsy, and you're so sorry you fell asleep-- as she's leaving
I dunno...from the sounds of her story, this lady may "wake" her back up

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I think I have a solution ... or at least I hope I do!

I'm starting in a refit program the week after next which runs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 4 months.

My Homecare cleaning day is every other Monday, right in the middle of the day and conflict with the refit program times. So I have to try and make arrangements for Homecare to change the day that I get cleaning to either Tuesday or Thursday.

I'm scheduled in on the first day of the program at 1pm, but I forgot to ask if that is going to be the time I go each day or if it's just for that day and the times for the other days will be varied at either 8:30, 10:30 or 1:00pm.

If I go each day at 1pm, then there is also the option of changing the time that Homecare comes to clean, to early morning so that she's gone in time for me to get ready and go to the program.

Each girl has a schedule and I don't know if Homecare will try rearranging the current girl's schedule or reassigning the task to someone else on Tuesday or Thursday.

I'm hoping that they reassign me to someone else because that solves my problem.

She is scheduled to come here on Monday the 19th and I'm already dreading it

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh!

I got a call from the homecare office this morning telling me that effective the week of December 2nd, that the girl will be coming to clean on Tuesdays instead of Monday!

I thought for sure switching days would be the solution.

On the 4th when she is here and she rants and whines about stuff I'm just going to come right out and tell her that I'm not feeling well and am really tired from the day before. Which won't be a lie!

The place I am going to be going for this program is all the way across the city from me, about a 20 minute drive or more. I will be there for about 2.5 hours. Add in travel time and waiting time between getting there early and getting picked up later, my outings could be 5 or 6 hours in length
My body is not used to that and I know I will be short on patience.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just tell you're tired and need to rest. Whether you are or not, maybe she will be kind enough to be quiet. It is a shame you won't get a different girl.