My himmy

dorothyb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I have a Himmy called Bob. She is a rescue cat, so I'm not sure how old she is. I have had companion cats all my life, but never a Himmy before now, so I'm hoping to get some advice from someone knows them. Bob sometimes sleeps with her head tucked in toward her body so much that she is sleeping with her face pressesd against her bed. She wakes up very abrubtly from this position, and can't catch her breath for a couple of seconds. Is this dangerous, and if so, what do I do?

eyebeat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I had a friend who had a cat like that. Her vet thought the kitty might have a problem with her neck or back but they never found anything specific. The kitty lived a long and happy life despite sleeping on her head.

Nancy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dorothyb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Nancy and Karen. Thanks!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DorothyB

Hi everyone. I have a Himmy called Bob. She is a rescue cat, so I'm not sure how old she is. I have had companion cats all my life, but never a Himmy before now, so I'm hoping to get some advice from someone knows them. Bob sometimes sleeps with her head tucked in toward her body so much that she is sleeping with her face pressesd against her bed. She wakes up very abrubtly from this position, and can't catch her breath for a couple of seconds. Is this dangerous, and if so, what do I do?
Take a look at my Himmy by clicking on the left cat icon above. He now has about twice as much hair. I need to take a new picture but he always sleeps with his nose below his navel, and that is the hairiest part of his body. The hair down there totally covers his head and it is thick. But I have never noticed any breathing problems.