My Heart is Heavy

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots and lots of TCS prayers and vibes for all of you that miracles occur and that poor little girl is given plenty of time with her parents.
I recently lost a very dear friend who was like my sister (we introduced ourselves as step-sisters). She had a brain tumor (actually tumors on her spine and brain - she thought she had back pain from a long ago auto accident, until the uncontrollable headache manifested itself). Her little girl is only 9yrs - such tragedy
At least my friend's daughter still has her dad - they were such a good, happy family - the husband was such a wonderful loving guy - it seemed to good to be true, and as it is, it didn't last long. So discouraging....

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

my prayers are definitely with that family. what kind of cancer does the father have if you don't mind me asking?
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I didn't know the name; something to do with his blood.
Blood Cancers are leukemia, lymphoma (Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkins) and myeloma.

My son has leukemia - it is a cancer that affects the bone marrow.

My husband's sister had lymphoma, it affects the lymph nodes. When my SIL was diagnosed, her prognosis was bleak beyond 5 years, but she exceeded that twofold! She passed away almost 5 years ago, she was in her early 40's, but she put up a fight and lived to the fullest! Her daughter's miss her terribly but her memory lives on. Their children (who never knew their grandma) swear they know her just from the stories!

I hope your friends defy all odds!