my heart is broken

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH hun :lol3: I don't mean to laugh, no not at all, but I think we ALL have done that, been there. If a feral cat that is being socialized forgives their person for "scaring" them with a loud noise, or "accidentally" stepping on a paw - your little Turtle Dove will forgive you, and FAST.. Not to worry, she will be out from her little "hole" soon enough. :nod: I can't tell you how many times my cats have been underfoot or darting across my path and I accidentally smoosh a paw or something. Their screech is more about the shock of what happened than I think the pain. Soon you will be posting she is out and about !! ;) :vibes::vibes:

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It happens to me all the time; she will forgive you. I've found that if I trill at them when it does happen, they seem to understand and let me approach.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks everybody!!  I was in the dog house until this morning when I finally received my pardon from Turtle. I've started to shuffle slowly through the rooms she has access to now. My gosh, she just came out of nowhere--I wish I could have clocked her speed.
Glad you have rec'd your "pardon".   You can't spend your whole time shuffling around.  She'll just get used to you and either get out of the way, or not
.  But she'll always forgive you, as long as you say you're sorry

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww it happens; try not to feel bad about it! They are usually very forgiving when you give a treat and a reassuring pat on the head! :)

I rarely have ever stepped on my cats paws/tails, but I do have a story about my dogs! My 2 Australian Shepherds have docked tails; before my Pit Bull (Macy) passed away, she had a very long tail. One time I went to walk the three of them and went to shut the door (Keep in mind my Aussies have essentially no tail, so I can normally shut the door right behind them and go on our merry way.) Well, I forgot about poor Macy's tail for a moment and shut the tip of her tail in the door! (Thankfully it only closed on part of the fur on her tail, and not her actual tail.) :cringe: