My heart is broken...

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those of you on my Facebook probably have seen that our community is going through a tough time right now.

Yesterday we lost an amazing man

He's been battling cancer for a little over 2 yrs now and after fighting with every breath he had, he just couldnt fight any longer. I have seriously never seen anyone as strong as him. He amazed me everyday with his strength and love, he taught me alot.

He never smoked or drank a day in his life and he has esophagus, lung and liver cancer. He did 2 rounds of chemo and at the end they put him on the pills as a last resort. After countless surgeries, the cancer just wasn't going away but every checkup was more bad news. He lost over 100lbs but yet still kept his head held high as he walked down the street.

He left behind his wife, 3 children, 1 grandson and many many many people who loved him.
I can't even begin to describe the feelings and emotions I've been going through all week, I've been looking after his dog and my neighbors (his sister n laws) dog while they've been at the hospital.

He went into pallative care on Wednesday and passed a week later. Friday he told his wife he loved her, apologized to his daughter for putting them through so much in the last 2 years and told his brother n law that he didn't want to die. It rips my heart out. They pushed 3 beds together and his wife and 3 kids were all in bed with him when he passed. It was beautiful.

Please if you could send his family some vibes or say a little prayer it would mean alot. This man was a huge part of our community and it's just so incredibly sad

RIP Russell, Glen Levit won't be the same without you

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brandy -
This man sounds like he was just an incredible man. Very sad that he lost his battle and of course will send his family loads of vibes. I am sorry for them, what an courageous thing they all did in his final hour

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was a wonderful man. His 2 sons want to be pallbearers and their Mom didn't want them to be, thought it would be too hard on them. His oldest son Ryan said "he carried us his whole lives, we can carry him in the end"

I talked to his sister n law the other night and she told me I would know when he passed because they would all be home again. The last few days nobody's vehicles have been home since they ALL (30+ people) stayed at the hospital with him. It nearly brought me to my knees last night when I was looking out the window and seen them all pulling into their driveways.

I already knew he had passed but it just made it sink in once I seen the family return home.

Ahhhh I just can't even write my thoughts, they are so scrambled right now.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How fortunate he was to be so well-loved. It's so hard for the ones left behind, and I'm sorry you all are hurting.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the family's and the community's loss.
But it's really inspiring to hear about how his family and everyone really pulled together for someone so special.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry... oh, I hope a day is coming when no one will ever have to die from cancer again. May your friend rest in peace.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a wonderful man. It's so sad that people like that suffer and die and some really mean, uncaring people live long and unproductive lives. It just isn't fair!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read this. He sounded like he was a wonderful man to know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys so much, it means alot

His funeral and reception is today. I can't go to the funeral because Craig is working so I am working the reception. It's going to be a rough day :'(