My heart is breaking...

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've tried everything to get Twig, Cali and Serenity not to fight, but so far nothing has worked. I've tried the separation, (Serenity has been inside since Nov) Slow introductions, one on one introductions, treats, tuna, vanilla, even drugs to make the aggressors less aggressive, you name it I've done it.. Today we tried to let Twig and Serenity work on getting along and since 9 am (it's 10:30 now) there have been two fights. Not little spats either, I mean full blown claws and teeth bared. Water does nothing to deter the aggressor either (Twig ) when he's mad, he's MAD! Weird thing it he's older (12) and is front declawed..But he's also 13 pounds. Serenity is 8 pounds has all her claws, and is only a year and a half old. You'd think she's at least have something to defend herself against him, but she's so passive she doesn't do anything but run and try to get away, with him right on her heels. I feel horrible having to lock one or the others away for the day or night. Luckily we have doors that we can close off to the livingroom and basement(finished) where we either keep Twig, Cali and one of the others or Serenity and Rocket(her favorite so far). The other three could care less if she's here. No issues, no spats, nothing, it's just these two and I'm at a loss. I can't keep separating them can I? How fair is it for the ones to be with us and not the others? I mean I change it up each day, but still..I'm almost to the end... I might have to find a home for Serenity and it's breaking my heart...It's the last resort, but it's still a very real possibility...
Any ideas for me? Please help me. Hissy gave me tons of good advice, and I've tried that too, all to no avail unfortunately.. Now what??

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you poor thing, I feel so bad for you. It might not be in the cards for them to ever get along. If Serenity would just stand up for herself, it might work.

I have two rooms of kitties. My 7 seniors have their own room and my 3 black and white have the adjoining room with a screen door between. Then Beeba lives with me and dh. Every day, Beeb takes an all day nap upstairs. So I close the door to the bedroom and let the black and whites in with us and the seniors then move to the black and whites room plus their own room. It is hassle, but they all get time with me that way. You might be going down the same road.

You seem to have done everything you can. Poor Serenity....I feel bad for her and you. I hope someone comes along to give another suggestion. I can imagine how you love her and hate to see her beat up like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

Oh you poor thing, I feel so bad for you. It might not be in the cards for them to ever get along. If Serenity would just stand up for herself, it might work.

I have two rooms of kitties. My 7 seniors have their own room and my 3 black and white have the adjoining room with a screen door between. Then Beeba lives with me and dh. Every day, Beeb takes an all day nap upstairs. So I close the door to the bedroom and let the black and whites in with us and the seniors then move to the black and whites room plus their own room. It is hassle, but they all get time with me that way. You might be going down the same road.

You seem to have done everything you can. Poor Serenity....I feel bad for her and you. I hope someone comes along to give another suggestion. I can imagine how you love her and hate to see her beat up like that.
I have rooms for each set of kitties. I put one "set" in the livingroom and finished basement and one "set stays in the back part of the house with us. then the next day they switch. It IS a hassle, but like you said, until Serenity stands up for herself, I can't have her being bullied. The weird thing, she was an outdoor cat. She was born there. It's strange how submissive she is.
I'm not giving up yet, just upset that nothing is working yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

You've tried everything else, try her Barb-

http://www.thecatcoach.com/
Ok, I'm all over it. And anything else anyone might have to offer.. I really am not giving up Serenity as much as it's looking like I should. I just can't. She's so sweet and I am just in love with her. As much so as the others..I was just upset this morning. Still am a little bit but have cooled down alot and realized that I'll move Heaven and Earth before I give in...

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Ok, I'm all over it. And anything else anyone might have to offer.. I really am not giving up Serenity as much as it's looking like I should. I just can't. She's so sweet and I am just in love with her. As much so as the others..I was just upset this morning. Still am a little bit but have cooled down alot and realized that I'll move Heaven and Earth before I give in...
That's the way! I just googled Marilyn Kreiger too. I would love my guys together. Even if its just the black and whites and Beeba. One of the seniors is an alpha female who I know would give Slick trouble.

If I could just get the b and w's in with Beeb and us, oh that would be sooo nice.

Good luck to us from someone who knows exactly how you feel!!