my hair drives kitty crazy

loribeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have long silver/grey hair ...Malachy is always finding ways to attack it.  I usually try to keep it pulled back, removing the temptation as much as possible. When he's in my lap, I see him become fixated on it ...he's eyes get so big and he's ready to pounce even if there is just a tiny wisp that escapes my clip.  Night time can be ...lets just say I have woken more that once with him chewing or clawing at my hair/scalp.  This morning he was trying to pull some of my hair free and scratched my face ...he has grazed my face before but this time was a real scratch. I don't think restraining my hair in a tighter method would matter as he pulls it out by 'clawing' & chewing at my scalp (my scalp has not been scratched as my hair is thick enough to protect me there).  I was thinking of rinsing my hair in that Feliway stuff  ...I don't want to cut my hair - or keep him out if my room at night ...I don't think cutting it would make any difference anyway, as he often goes for my scalp in an effort to pull hair free of its restraint.  Maybe the color of it reflects too much light & sort of 'dazzles' him(although, in the dark?)??  I suppose I just  accept this oddity ...it can be cute but I'd rather not have my face scratched.  I do scold him but it doesn't deter him. Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

loribeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

My Cleo does this a lot.  When ever she does it, I distract her with a toy. She doesn't seem to do it much any more :)
I do that when it's during my waking hours ...maybe it's just a current fascination & will pass