My Granny Died

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it´s time for the update

The funeral went very well, if that is something appropriate to say about a funeral

I did hold the coffin, there were 8 of us, and I was in the front, and it all went so smoothly and well. I was very surprized myself how relaxed I was, and I actually felt really bad about not beeing more sad and upset. I blamed it on the anti anxiety pill, but I found myself smiling in my mind when the priest was talking about my granny´s life and achievements. But looking around, I saw that people that felt really bad when we had a small ceremony at the nursery home just after she died, and at the viewing, were just as relaxed as I was, at the funeral. This was just so beautyful and mild ceremony. Maybe Granny was there giving us extra strengh, at least I had some extra strength from somewhere.

Thank you all for all your support and good thoughts and prayers! I really ment a lot! You guys are so great!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for you that everything went well for you . I am sure your garny was there giving you strengh ((((HUGS)))) .

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma, but I'm glad you made it through the funeral ok.

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my great-grandfather a few years ago from a stroke as well. I'll keep you and family in my thoughts and prayers.

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you made it through the funeral. It is a time for reflecting on the good times - hold onto those memories and your Grandma will always be with you. When my father died a few years ago, after the funeral a few people came back to the house etc. We had a happy time talking about him and laughing together - thats what i will remember most - the joy he gave to so many. So too will you remember this in your Grandma.
with love..

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the funeral went ok. You felt she gave you strenght...well remember she will always be there watching over you to be here for you when you need someone.