My grandma is leaving this world tonight

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother
I will keep her, you and your family in my prayers. Don't feel quilty about not getting out before now. You have been through a lot. My suggestion would be for you to go ahead and go to see her and tell her how much you love her just one more time. That way you can have peace of mind after she passes. It will be very hard to do
Take care.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne,

I'm so sorry. I read this late, so am sure you've been to the hospital to see your grandmother, I wish her peace and that she be surrounded by those she loves when she passes, and send prayers for support to your Grandfather and all your family,

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne,
I'm so very sorry to hear this news! Please know that your Grandmother, your family & yourself are all in my prayers! I do hope that you get that chance to say goodbye. I hear it in your post how hard this is for you & pray that it's a smooth as it possibly can be.

Many hugs to you my friend!
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

fluffy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anne,
I'm so sorry
My father has Cancer and its a very scary thought of him not being around
I will keep your family in my thoughts.
Danielle

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne, I am very sorry to hear of this tonight. My prayers are with you and your family. Things always get better within time. I know exactly what you are going through sweetie. Many hugs!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Anne , my heart is going out to you ((((((HUGS)))))) . I sure will pray for your grandma , you and the rest of the family

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry about the Anne, but I'm happy she is holding on. I hope you get to go see her, one more time.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne -

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. At least you'll have the chance to see her again and let her know how much she means to you and your family. It's never easy losing a loved one (I've been there).

Sending a prayer to you and your family (esp. your grandmother).

{{{{HUGS}}}}

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Anne, I just read this! I am so very very sorry to hear your grandma is not well....I pray she will make it...I am sending up prayers right now! If she does pass away...she will still get to see little Dan....I know I felt the same way with Amber...I wished so badly my father could have seen her...but then I realized he has seen her, and is her gaurdian angel from above. I have lost all my grandparents...it is hard...but please don't feel guilty for not seeing her lately...you needed to heal from your surgery...and you still need to heal...she would not want you to be in pain.

My thoughts, love and prayers are with your grandma, you and your family. Please let us know how she is doing.

catfur

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Words of the Teacher (Much better than anything I could say):

A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth. It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth. It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools. For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity. Surely oppression maketh a wise man mad; and a gift destroyeth the heart. Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not inquire wisely concerning this. Wisdom is good with an inheritance: and by it there is profit to them that see the sun. For wisdom is a defense, and money is a defense: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it. Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Anne.
I'll be keeping her and the rest of your family in my thoughts.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne, I am also very sorry to hear about your grandma. By the time of this post, you may have been able to see her. If God wills it, she may be able to meet Dan too. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My grandma passed away last night (it's morning here now). She died an hour after I talked to dad, so even if I had rushed to the hospital I wouldn't have made it in time to see her...

At least she died in peace and her death was not prolonged.

I spent the night thinking about her and about all the wonderful time we had together while she was alive. As a child I used to stay with my grandparents for weeks during the summer holiday. The memories that came up were of simple things - of how she used to peel the cucambers for my breakfast; the smell of her garden (she had green fingers and a beautiful little garden); her singing to me in Polish and telling me about her childhood and her family; the wonderful traditional Jewish food she used to make; her blue eyes filled with love as she hugged and kissed me. I miss her already. She was a brave woman. She came to Israel in the year 1929 at the tender age of 16, leaving her family behind because she believed Israel was the home of the Jewish people. Her sister followed her 4 years later, arriving on the very week that the Nazis came to rule over Germany. A decade later, my grandma lost her entire family (other than her sister) in the holocaust. The community where she grew up was wiped out of existence. In the years following the war, she learned that her family members, along with the other people of the town were marched off to the woods, stripped naked and forced to dig their own mass grave and then shot dead into it. She didn't talk about it when I was a child, but it all came up and surfaced in recent years as she was growing older. She gave me old pictures and documents of the family - I still have them and I intend to scan them all now and treasure them. Still, she was very happy these past years to see her family expand. Within the last 2 years, my brothers and I have given her 4 grand-grandchildren. She was overjoyed with this new generation.

God how I miss her now. I wish I had some sort of recording of her voice to hear her say to me one more time "Anatush" in that loving voice of her, wanting to check on me and see that I'm ok. I am thankful that her death was relatively painless and at a ripe old age, but that doesn't mean I miss her less.

The funeral will be held tomorrow - but we might be going to visit grandad today. He doesn't know just yet. My dad and my aunt are on their way to him to tell him in person.

Thank you everyone for letting me get some of these thoughts and feelings off my chest this morning. I needed that.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a courageous woman she must have been in her life, and a remarkable one at that. To bear the pain of losing her entire family except her sister in such a horrendous part of history and to grow up with love and not bitterness is a true testament to her inner strength. I am sorry for the loss and the hurt you now feel and I wish you strength and courage of your own as you help your grandfather to accept the reality of her passing-

Bless you Anne now, and in the days ahead-

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My deepest condolences to you and your family. Your grandmother was a brave and wonderful person, may she rest in peace...

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds as though your grandmother was a strong, loving woman, whose life should celebrated and her memory cherished. She's earned her rest.