My Grandfurbaby DUKE

babydolljerzgrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. My son and his family live with me. Duke is my son's cat. He's a Maine Coon Cat, about a year and a half old. Duke makes chirping noises, typical of Maine Coon. Poor Duke is usually being chased, grabbed, hugged and taken merrily away by one of my 6 grands that live with me. He loves to look out the windows, when he slips outside he has caught moles and other things in our yard. Duke likes to spraul out on the couch or someone's bed for his cat naps. When the mood strikes him, or if I open my window to air out my room, he'll come for a visit or to escape all that gripping. He loves to climb in an open window. He makes the most noise when one of the girls decides he needs a bath. Poor guy cries and cries for someone to come save him!! Duke is very loving, purrs away happily when you pick him up, whispering " I love you Duke!! You're SOOO HANDSOME!! " Duke has beautiful eyes. They are blue-green in the centers.
While I'm waiting for the microwave to get done, he'll come a running, purring and head butting me. I am looking for a cat or kitten or two of my own. I had a beautiful Russian Blue named Cassie. My grands left my patio door wide open on the 4th of July and I haven't seen her since. I've had kittens and cats since I graduated in 1974. We only had dogs while I was growing up. I've had some beautiful ones. I'm hoping the LORD has them waiting for me in Heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to The Cat Site! Duke does indeed look like a handsome boy, and it sounds like he gets a whole lotta lovin' in your household! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babydolljerzgrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi and thank you for the welcome pushylady. Yes, Duke sure can't purr he doesn't get lovin. Although sometimes the look on his face after he's been chased over n over, then held against his will would prove other wise, lol