My Ghost Cats

David Richard

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I moved into an older apartment in the West End of Vancouver where I could finally get a pet so I got a 10 year old Siamese female cat that someone had given up to a shelter. 7 months later all is well until my cat Ramona starts looking under the bed, dresser, and table obsessively. She's constantly watching stuff on the floor and in the closets that I can't see, I actually thought she was going crazy. I ended up pulling my bed and night table away from the wall so she could get in there or see what was going on. I thought maybe the pipes from the hot water heat was making noises.
After about a month of this behavior from Ramona I started to feel to a cat jumping on my bed but when I looked for Ramona she wasn't there, she was on her perch or sleeping in one if her beds. I put this off to the bed frame moving as it was getting a little loose but after about the 4th or 5th time this happened I realized that it was real, the feeling of a small cat landing on my bed was unmistakable. Despite being an atheist and a skeptic I immediately concluded that an incorporeal invisible cat had to be a ghost or some kind of supernatural being. (That sounded hilarious) Either that or I was hallucinating or insane. Being that I was stone cold sober and wide awake and having no recent psychiatric problems I opted for trusting my gut and my senses no matter how unusual the conclusion was. A true skeptic changes his beliefs as new facts come in.
Once I realized why my cat was acting so weird I welcomed the cat spirit and said we were glad to share the place with her/him. Almost immediately after saying this I felt warmth on my feet and the start of a throbbing purr despite nothing being there. I was amazed and also really happy. Despite the utter strangeness of what was happening I felt no fear just a happy innocent vibe like what you'd expect from a ghost kitty. This was in broad daylight and the cat was on my legs for hours. When I talk to the cat the purring intensifies sometimes there is making biscuits too. The other night I patted my lap and the cat moved up right away along with the warmth and throbbing purr.
My cat seems to see the ghost(s) around the apartment but not when they're on my lap. That's right, there's at least 2 cats.
I only just realized this was happening between Christmas and New Years so this is all brand new but I realized last night that there is more than one ghost cat because one moved up into my lap and the other one stayed at my feet. I feel like there was one I interacted with at first and now the others trust me and are coming to me now. The other night I got some visual flashes out of the corner of my eye and I saw a half grown Grey cat. I can't figure out if they're litte1r mates or a litter and a Mom or exactly how many or if they came with my apartment or a different one in the same building. I'm hoping to get more "flashes".
This doesn't happen once in awhile it's all day everyday since the lap sitting started. The ghosts are on me more than my Ramona and she's a Cuddle Bug. 😃 I'm typing this out and the cats are purring in my lap as I sit in bed. It feels wonderful just throbbing away. My live cat is over sleeping in her perch.
I know this sounds insane but it's actually happening to me so I thought I'd get this out anonymously. I'm 60 years old and nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I thought when you died you were just gone. Now I "know" different. This is all anecdotal but I personally love what's going on and it's completely changed the way I look at life and death and the Universe. It feels like 3 or 4 on my legs now from my feet to my lap and the throbbing is off time like when multiple cats are purring in different rhythms. It's 1:05 in the afternoon and the cats have been in my lap for over an hour and a half and they're not leaving. Just like living kitties sometimes the purring will taper off and they'll fall asleep but I can still feel the warmth and the "breathing" and if I move they'll wake up and the purring comences again. 😃 If a lapful of ghost kittens sounds wonderful to you, you'd be right! 😻 👻
I got up a too early this morning and the ghost cats and Ramona were in my lap for a couple hours until I fell asleep again. Like I said, this isn't once in awhile, it's everyday for hours at a time. I can call them and they'll be in my lap in less than a minute. It's like a being in a movie or a book.
I wanted to add that after this happened I went to Reddit and these ghost cats are a fairly commonly reported phenomenon but my ghosts seem unusually present as in all day. And all night. If I lay in bed all day so will they. Some people( Christians I think) warn that demons can take on the shape of innocent animals to get your guard down so they can do bad things to you, which might be true for all I know but I get nothing but innocence and happiness vibes from my new babies and that's how Im approaching this. Personally Christianity is the last place I'd look for answers to these types of things because they just call anything Supernatural demonic and are fearful and paranoid. Anyways, that's my story. I'll write some updates as my Ghost Kitty journey continues.
PS. Still purring but not as intense, more slow breathing, I think they fell asleep. So adorable.Lol.

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I moved into an older apartment in the West End of Vancouver where I could finally get a pet so I got a 10 year old Siamese female cat that someone had given up to a shelter. 7 months later all is well until my cat Ramona starts looking under the bed, dresser, and table obsessively. She's constantly watching stuff on the floor and in the closets that I can't see, I actually thought she was going crazy. I ended up pulling my bed and night table away from the wall so she could get in there or see what was going on. I thought maybe the pipes from the hot water heat was making noises.
After about a month of this behavior from Ramona I started to feel to a cat jumping on my bed but when I looked for Ramona she wasn't there, she was on her perch or sleeping in one if her beds. I put this off to the bed frame moving as it was getting a little loose but after about the 4th or 5th time this happened I realized that it was real, the feeling of a small cat landing on my bed was unmistakable. Despite being an atheist and a skeptic I immediately concluded that an incorporeal invisible cat had to be a ghost or some kind of supernatural being. (That sounded hilarious) Either that or I was hallucinating or insane. Being that I was stone cold sober and wide awake and having no recent psychiatric problems I opted for trusting my gut and my senses no matter how unusual the conclusion was. A true skeptic changes his beliefs as new facts come in.
Once I realized why my cat was acting so weird I welcomed the cat spirit and said we were glad to share the place with her/him. Almost immediately after saying this I felt warmth on my feet and the start of a throbbing purr despite nothing being there. I was amazed and also really happy. Despite the utter strangeness of what was happening I felt no fear just a happy innocent vibe like what you'd expect from a ghost kitty. This was in broad daylight and the cat was on my legs for hours. When I talk to the cat the purring intensifies sometimes there is making biscuits too. The other night I patted my lap and the cat moved up right away along with the warmth and throbbing purr.
My cat seems to see the ghost(s) around the apartment but not when they're on my lap. That's right, there's at least 2 cats.
I only just realized this was happening between Christmas and New Years so this is all brand new but I realized last night that there is more than one ghost cat because one moved up into my lap and the other one stayed at my feet. I feel like there was one I interacted with at first and now the others trust me and are coming to me now. The other night I got some visual flashes out of the corner of my eye and I saw a half grown Grey cat. I can't figure out if they're litte1r mates or a litter and a Mom or exactly how many or if they came with my apartment or a different one in the same building. I'm hoping to get more "flashes".
This doesn't happen once in awhile it's all day everyday since the lap sitting started. The ghosts are on me more than my Ramona and she's a Cuddle Bug. 😃 I'm typing this out and the cats are purring in my lap as I sit in bed. It feels wonderful just throbbing away. My live cat is over sleeping in her perch.
I know this sounds insane but it's actually happening to me so I thought I'd get this out anonymously. I'm 60 years old and nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I thought when you died you were just gone. Now I "know" different. This is all anecdotal but I personally love what's going on and it's completely changed the way I look at life and death and the Universe. It feels like 3 or 4 on my legs now from my feet to my lap and the throbbing is off time like when multiple cats are purring in different rhythms. It's 1:05 in the afternoon and the cats have been in my lap for over an hour and a half and they're not leaving. Just like living kitties sometimes the purring will taper off and they'll fall asleep but I can still feel the warmth and the "breathing" and if I move they'll wake up and the purring comences again. 😃 If a lapful of ghost kittens sounds wonderful to you, you'd be right! 😻 👻
I got up a too early this morning and the ghost cats and Ramona were in my lap for a couple hours until I fell asleep again. Like I said, this isn't once in awhile, it's everyday for hours at a time. I can call them and they'll be in my lap in less than a minute. It's like a being in a movie or a book.
I wanted to add that after this happened I went to Reddit and these ghost cats are a fairly commonly reported phenomenon but my ghosts seem unusually present as in all day. And all night. If I lay in bed all day so will they. Some people( Christians I think) warn that demons can take on the shape of innocent animals to get your guard down so they can do bad things to you, which might be true for all I know but I get nothing but innocence and happiness vibes from my new babies and that's how Im approaching this. Personally Christianity is the last place I'd look for answers to these types of things because they just call anything Supernatural demonic and are fearful and paranoid. Anyways, that's my story. I'll write some updates as my Ghost Kitty journey continues.
PS. Still purring but not as intense, more slow breathing, I think they fell asleep. So adorable.Lol.
This is awesome! Good luck with your kitties! Sincerely, a Christian who refuses to set foot in a church because I can be judged at home, watches Supernatural, believes in everything, thinks everyone deserves love, and won’t judge anyone, no matter what. Personally, if my cats wanted my soul, I’d give it to them immediately. They sound like good cats. Not all spirits are bad. Some must be good in order for there to be balance in the world.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am Christian, and almost any nurse who has been working in it long enough will tell you they believe in ghosts. I am hesitant to talk about it because I am at work :paranoid: on break right now. I learned from a friend who I called a "ghost hunter" (he called himself a "paranormal investigator") that ghosts are transient. I think some are, and some aren't, but he knew a lot more than me on the subject.

When I first got married, we had a mouse in the house. I wouldn't hear of killing it, so my solution was to adopt a cat. We adopted a Siamese mix from the Humane Society. One night, she started growling and hissing at something we couldn't see. I suppose it could have been a bug, but most animals (my RB dog included) would simply kill a bug or spider and throw it down. This seeing something we couldn't see went on for almost an hour!

I could tell you stories that would probably curl your hair, but we won't go there. Not when I am sitting on this unit.

I did have an experience where I felt someone, or something sit down on the edge of the bed. I had a rather big-boned cat at the time, but it wasn't him. Much too heavy. DH was in the hall and heard me scream. He thought I had dreamed it, but the thing is, I don't fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow like DH. It takes me a good hour or so to fall asleep, even if I am really tired. The only exception is after being under anesthesia. So, he didn't really understand. In his way of thinking, I am sure everyone falls asleep fast.

I have recently started seeing what look like the shape of a cat in my home since Daisy crossed the RB. A quick movement of something dark out of the corner of my eye. She was a sweet cat, and our home was her home. It still is.