My Gall Bladder surgery is monday

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They say I have to have the urine test also.
I told them there is no way I am preg but they said I still have to take it.
I wanted kids but it never happened.
I doubt I can pee after have nothing all night.
They told me not to even use mouth wash.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always had to be there 2 hours for surgery - whether it was a 9 hour open heart surgery, or a 1/2 hour scar treatment.

They will get you to fill in forms, do the hospital admission stuff, do the pee test, then a nurse will take you back where a nurse will talk to you and go through your history, allergies etc. Then you will most likely have someone from the surgery team see you and check things over with you. Lastly, an anesthesiologist will come and go through your history again, and place an IV. They always give me a local anesthetic first which is a tiny sting, then you can't even feel them placing the IV which is good - makes it nice and easy. Once the IV is done, they'll start a mild sedation and take you back. That whole process takes about 2 hours, so they should have you wheeled in to the OR by about the surgery time they gave you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sarah,
They did say to remind them that I am allergic to so amny things.
I am allergic to latex and the tape they use for blood tests.
I get instand hives and rashes.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Having had surgery myself now makes me very sympathetic to the critters I bring in for spaying. Poor things are hungry, thirsty and they don't understand why their routine has been so disturbed.
On the plus side, they don't know what's going to happen and don't have that nagging little "What if something goes wrong" that we can't help but have.