My gal thinks shes a dude Help

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem with there girls spraying we have our daughters cat here she has been here for about a year and a half so not a new new home she is settled but the last few days she has been spraying in the bed room and in the shower it's weired to say the least has anyone had this happen I know anything about why she would start so suddenly ? there have been no upsets nothing I can think of at any rate I'm at a loss is this normal for a girl ? I'm not new to kittys but this is a first for me :nod::lol3:

Thanks all ;)

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Females spraying is not unusual. It is a behavior that un-spayed females do to mark territory and broadcast that they are in heat. She is nailing the vertical surfaces, correct?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she spraying or is she inappropriately urinating?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One of my spayed female cats, Susy, does the same thing. She is the boss cat, even the two big boy cats get out of her way.

I have ten cats altogether and occasionally one of the stray cats will wander in from outside so I think Susy is understandably keen to mark her territory and let the others know she was there. She always sprays in the same two places, by the front door and by the big window. The two places that get the most "traffic". None of the other cats spray in the house and none of the tricks I've used, cleaners, orange scented sprays, taping up silver foil etc has worked.

If you find a way to stop your daughters cat spraying, please let me know.

roxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Callie used to do that when she would go outside. She was spayed and I didn't think they were supposed to do that after being fixed. One time she put her head and her front paws in the litter box like she was looking for a place to potty. Next thing I knew she was peeing all over the floor! I couldn't help but laugh because she looked so funny. Of course I wasn't laughing when I had to clean it up! My female cat Jasmine has been fixed and she sprays the wall of the litter box. Norachan mentioned the marking of territory. I think that does have a lot to do with it. I tried the sprays a few years ago when one of my Toms was spraying. It didn't help any. Is there any chance she could have a bladder infection? Just a thought. Good luck!

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First I'd have her checked to rule out any medical issues such as a UTI.

If she is cleared medically, then we know it's a behavior issue. Cats will suddenly start marking if there are new threats around. Keep an eye out for any new cats that may be prowling around outside. Because of WHERE she is spraying, I'm suspecting this is the case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont know she may have a bladder infection thats well worth looking into thanks something like that never even crossed my mind thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to get her checked out for sure asap I dont think its another cat she is doing it in our bed room and our room is off our back yard and we dont get kitty visitors out there cause our Coop big puppy dog and Rox dose not leave the bed room much shes my bed buddy almost 24 / 7 lol