My friend got rejected to adopt a cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lying to get something you've already been denied for a good reason shows instability. Refusing to accept "no" and lying to get around it shows an inability to accept reality and responsibility. Lying to adopt a cat to make himself feel better shows a narcissistic personality. Having a cat is not going to change his problems.

A stable mature person works for what he wants. He goes out and gets a job so that he can support himself and his cat. He doesn't just lie.

Poor kitty.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
im confused in your orginial post you said your friend wasnt allowed the cat, not your saying he was, but you also said back on page one that your friend might of stood a chance if he found the name of a human vet hense the might stand a chance as upto untill that point it was still a no from the shelter

you are showing nothing but disrespect for every member that has posted advice to help your and your friend

from personal experience with not having a job and having a curious cat (lets face it they will sniff and bite at anything they fancy) one of mine ate a piece of metal it cost over £300 in emergancy vet fees then she needed an £800 operation then about £100 in meds and after care that was in the space of 2 days we had to find the money and that is no word of a lie so vet fees eat into saving pretty quick then you got to remember there are the costs of insurance and check ups and booster vaccinations so he might be sitting pretty on the money front at the moment but what happens if there is an ermergancy.

the members here have a lot of good advice you should listen to it and pass it onto your friend, if hes suffering from depression maybe see a doctor than just getting a cat

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

im confused in your orginial post you said your friend wasnt allowed the cat, not your saying he was, but you also said back on page one that your friend might of stood a chance if he found the name of a human vet hense the might stand a chance as upto untill that point it was still a no from the shelter

you are showing nothing but disrespect for every member that has posted advice to help your and your friend

from personal experience with not having a job and having a curious cat (lets face it they will sniff and bite at anything they fancy) one of mine ate a piece of metal it cost over £300 in emergancy vet fees then she needed an £800 operation then about £100 in meds and after care that was in the space of 2 days we had to find the money and that is no word of a lie so vet fees eat into saving pretty quick then you got to remember there are the costs of insurance and check ups and booster vaccinations so he might be sitting pretty on the money front at the moment but what happens if there is an ermergancy.

the members here have a lot of good advice you should listen to it and pass it onto your friend, if hes suffering from depression maybe see a doctor than just getting a cat
This is my thinking. Getting a cat- though he loves them and all - will not fix his depression. I know b/c I battle the same disease and I can guarantee that having a pet is not a substitute for evaluation, treatment and therapy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

degu_2009

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Yes, everyone is trying to be my friend. By saying how bad it is to lie and how selfish of an act it was to lie to rescue a cat and how he will run out of money all the sudden and how he is going to return the cat and *sniff sniff* poor kitty.

I should have known posting in a place that supposedly cares more about animals than humans would be a bad idea. In other forums I have posted in about this they have agreed with me. I'm done posting here.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think everything that needs to be said has been said regarding this topic, so the thread will now be closed. Anything further can be taken up in PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.