My four month old kitten fell from my loft

Opal_thekitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My four month old kitten fell from my loft and I’m quite worried. After the fall she seemed fine she’s eating her food, her personality is the same yet I’m still nervous. I know a cat would easily be fine if it were to fall from that but what about me kitten? Another thing that’s worrying me is that when she tried to meow around five minutes after the fall it sounded a lot different I don’t know how to describe it but it wasn’t her usual meow. Opal is my first cat and I m worried about her, so is she OK?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Opal_thekitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Opps it says me kitten it’s an accident it’s actually my kitten

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you're worried, you can take her to the vet. I can't really tell you whether to be worried, since that depends on how she's behaving, but I can tell you my own experience, to give you some comfort that it could be just fine. At four months, my kitty Juno fell from the top of the loft stairs (about 11 feet). She was pretty shaken (immediately ran under the couch to hide for a few minutes) but was back to normal pretty quickly with no signs of pain or unusual behavior. At about 5 or 6 months she fell from the loft railing (so about 14 feet) and she barely looked shaken at all and was back up there in no time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Opal_thekitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! Opal wasn’t acting any difrent after the fall I was just very worried but around 15 minutes after she fell she was climbing the loft stairs again. Once again thanks

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kittens are so agile and get into all sorts of trouble. Keep an eye on her but it sounds as if she is ok. Try to keep her quiet for a day or so (almost impossible task I know). Watch for loss of appetite, limping or hiding.