My Foster Adventure

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
So as some of you know, Jcatbird Jcatbird and @catsknowme, had asked for help with some kittens that were going to be euthanized. I already have about twenty cats of my own, but no one else was taking these poor babies. So I did. Probably not the smartest idea, but these guys weren't even gonna get a chance at life because it would be inconvenient! Ridiculous. Well, I just picked them up and while they were upset at first, I've gotten them to calm down, eat, and take some pictures. (Sorry about the grass and lizard skeletons on the floor, haven't had the chance to clean yet)
20180820_163207.jpg
20180820_163207.jpg
20180820_163253.jpg
20180820_163433.jpg
20180820_163647.jpg
20180820_163620.jpg
20180820_163331.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are awesome! The babies are darling! You saved their lives today! I hope everyone who reads this sends you a can of cat food, a box of litter, a blanket or even a nickel to get you going. I know with you going to school that this is a struggle for supplies but I am so proud of you! I have been following you since you came to TCS and you are a true asset! Young people like you are my hope for the future! You have already done a lot to benefit the cat world. You totally rock! You can bet I will be checking in. :yess::hyper::cheerleader::rock::thanks:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are awesome! The babies are darling! You saved their lives today! I hope everyone who reads this sends you a can of cat food, a box of litter, a blanket or even a nickel to get you going. I know with you going to school that this is a struggle for supplies but I am so proud of you! I have been following you since you came to TCS and you are a true asset! Young people like you are my hope for the future! You have already done a lot to benefit the cat world. You totally rock! You can bet I will be checking in. :yess::hyper::cheerleader::rock::thanks:
I swear, if it weren't for you, I would've left this site a long time ago. I wasn't really getting any of the answers I was looking for or the friendly attitude you have. I can't take all the credit for saving these kittens, cause without you, I wouldn't have even known about them. I think I should let everyone who's helped me with this name a kitten, if you want. I think I've decided on Fiona for the mama.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww! I might shed happy tears! Names need to fit and I am gonna stay in touch so maybe you can tell us about their personalities. Right now all I can think of is how happy I am that they are in good hands. I’m just full of joy!

I just saw a message to you about a go fund me page from a person I respect. Great idea! I think you need and deserve that kind of help.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone who reads this sends you a can of cat food, a box of litter, a blanket or even a nickel to get you going.
Jcatbird Jcatbird - Hey! Hey! I might have a nickel right here!

Lil Dude Lil Dude - Send me a message. I can't just toss this nickel in an envelope addressed to:

Lil Dude
Land Of The Mosquitoes

yanno!

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
The mama cat has decided that my bed looked more comfortable than hers, so we're sharing tonight. She had to have been someone's pet before. She cries a lot when the kittens eat. I thought about giving them some milk replacer so she could take a break. Is that safe for them while they're eating from her?

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You will need an eyedropper or a small plastic syringe. Walmart or other pharmacies will often give you syringes meant for baby medicines.
You want a 1 mL, 3mL and 5mL to see what is easiest for you. The syringe tip should not be a locking tip, just a smooth end that a needle can slip onto. You do not need needles. You can wash the syringes a couple of times, but the black plungers start to stick in the syringe after you wash them a few times
Mom will benefit from a bowl of KMR everyday as well.
If you put an amazon wish list up, that can be a fairly effective way to get supplies. You can link your amazon list in a post on the SOS forum, and link that SOS post here.

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
You will need an eyedropper or a small plastic syringe. Walmart or other pharmacies will often give you syringes meant for baby medicines.
You want a 1 mL, 3mL and 5mL to see what is easiest for you. The syringe tip should not be a locking tip, just a smooth end that a needle can slip onto. You do not need needles. You can wash the syringes a couple of times, but the black plungers start to stick in the syringe after you wash them a few times
Mom will benefit from a bowl of KMR everyday as well.
If you put an amazon wish list up, that can be a fairly effective way to get supplies. You can link your amazon list in a post on the SOS forum, and link that SOS post here.
I'll set it up with my mother tomorrow. Or try, at least. I'm like an old lady when it comes to sites and apps, tbh.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good advice has been coming in to you. Everyone here will help you. Just say what you need to learn. There are very experienced people here who will lead you through. You know I am just a pm away if you need support. Your instincts are very good with kitties. Trust them.