My first win with TUFFY !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello,

We had the banquet for our pulling club the first weekend of November. We had it at a nice hotel with a indoor pool and great food. Most of us got rooms and stayed over night.

They give out the awards for different things and the top points winners in each class. I didn't place in the points because we missed a couple pulls because we were camping. I am sure I would have finished real high in points in the stock class with "CORKER" because I beat the tractor that won the points at our last 3 pulls. I think the worst I placed with CORKER was 4th, our last 3 pulls I got 2nd and two 1st places. Our last pull I got two 4th places with TUFFY along with the 1st on CORKER so I was real happy that day.

The class I run in with TUFFY is a very tough class, there are at least 10 tractors that all run good enough to win so all I have to do is mess up just a little bit with TUFFY and I am way down the line as far as where I place.

I was way down the line for points with TUFFY, we have two tracks I can't do well on with TUFFY, I have tried anything I could think of to do better with TUFFY on these tracks but I have not got it figured out yet. I even tried a different set of wheels and tires this year but didn't help at all. One of the tracks we have 2 pulls on each year so it amounts to 3 pulls I can't do well with TUFFY each year so it really kills me in the points. I hope to change some stuff on TUFFY this winter to hopefully make it run better for next year.

I did get voted the most improved puller for this season at the banquet and got a nice trophy for that. I was very happy to win that.

mrblanche, I forgot to say nice car back when you put the picture up. I assume its pretty fast as well as fun since I bet it don't weight to much. Looks like a small block Chevy engine, is it just a basic 350?

Tom

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Tom! Sounds like the banquet was wonderful! Can you post a picture of yourself with your newest trophy?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have two John Deere "A"s. They were my FIL's. One is a 1951 that we restored a couple of years ago. (I'll find the post) and the other is about that same age but not restored.

Do you come to the Mackville or Freedom tractor drags??

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We were at Mackville the whole weekend this year. My stepson pulls a super-stock 4x4 truck, he ran Friday night, then we ran some of our garden tractor classes Saturday afternoon as a test to see how it would go over, I ran TUFFY in one class but didn't do well, anyway it sounded like we will be back with our whole show next year.

We were there Sunday but we didn't go and watch the antique's or the stock local garden tractors. I was having problems with our generator for the motor home so I had it all over the trailer in a million pieces Sunday to fix it. We had CORKER along also as a tow tractor for TUFFY, I wanted to run CORKER in the local stock garden tractor pull that Sunday but they wouldn't let me run with the back tires I have on it.

I have a couple pictures of the new trophy but not of me holding it. I don't know why Yvonne didn't get a picture of me up front at the banquet when I got my trophy with all the others. Maybe our table was to far away to get a good picture.

Tom

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pictures of my most improved puller trophy, Cozmo was checking it out in the one picture.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One lady in Little Chute who has a greenhouse operation plus the family farm I think either her son or husband (or both?) have the farm tractors that they compete with. I know one is a MF as I see it when I go there.

If you like JD tractors you've seen the Keller collection?? Its the largest private JD collection in the world. We went a couple years ago when they open up the building for charity.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cosmo's body language is hilarious--that snapshot would make a great "make a caption" contest

Congratulations on doing so well! I love Tuffy's pic on the tractor. Extra congrats to your niece for winning, also, esp. in a pedal-pull - way to go,Girl!!!

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Cosmo's body language is hilarious--that snapshot would make a great "make a caption" contest

Congratulations on doing so well! I love Tuffy's pic on the tractor. Extra congrats to your niece for winning, also, esp. in a pedal-pull - way to go,Girl!!!
Cozmo is probably thinking so that's what the top of the table looks like, it is normally covered with mail and other junk. Yvonne is such a pack rat that we don't have room for all the stuff she collects as you can see in the picture.