My First Miaow here

acatcalleddog

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

To introduce myself: I am Jem Vanston, an author.

I live in Swansea, Wales, UK, with my two rescue cats Honey (pretty torti-tabby) and Bumble (semi-longhaired black), both female and just over 2 years old, who have lived with us since August 2012 (after their previous owner, a drug dealer, was raided by police and went to prison). They are fatter now than when they arrived!

Feel free to say hello! I shall try to check back here as often as I can (in between working and writing!)

Last edited by a moderator:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site! :wavey:

I would love to see pictures of your kitties!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

acatcalleddog

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One picture (of Bumble) is in my avatar photo. Bumble is a she, but we tend to car her 'he' as she's very tom-like, and fierce with it, and grumpy in the heat!

Our other 2 year old is a pretty tabby-torti cross called Honey. Very quiet, graceful, small and elegant - and great at losing her collars! (3 so far!)

When I can work out how to post a photo, I shall do it!

acatcalleddog

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your two cats look lovely!

We have a big heat  wave in the UK at the moment - hot hot HOT. (We're not used to it!) 

So lots of very irritable and cross cats - (and dogs) - around! (lots of dog-on-human bites being treated in the local hospital, as well as usual injuries with lawnmowers and sunburn etc)

I am working out how to try and groom Bumble's underside, which seems very scruffy (she is semi-longhaired). Any ideas anyone?

Best not to try in this heat though - she gets uncomfortable and doesn't know what to do with herself, and she will hiss and bite/scratch if annoyed!

acatcalleddog

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
By the way, you can see Honey Cat on TV - she is in the background whilst I (and my mum) were interviewed for a feature on ITV Wales in August. A friend who say the TV news said to me later: I WANT ONE!

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/story/2013-07-26/wales-biggest-hospital-dangerous/

Honey cat is very sweet - she was timid, but she also has a wild street, a real little tiger, and she wanders 'up the jungle' to neighbours gardens. We're happy she has fallen on her paws here with us - the previous owner was a female drug dealer who was raided by police, and poor Honey Cat (called something else then) hid under the apartment floorboards for days until the RSPCA coaxes her out.

A week later we got her and Bumble (who may be a sister) from Cats Protection. Honey hid for 2 days under the stairs of our house when she arrived - she was so traumatised. She's a lovely cat and very much at home now though!

The cats are also mentioned in a BBC radio interview here (top left). http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=2177

I hope these work in the USA!