my first loss, why so hard?

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the world where Cats are not just cats but our soul mates and real family members.
Cats are so very unique. To each one of us they mean so many different things.

Cats are solitary and independant. Yet so social and loving. They are strong and silent yet so very fragile.
I cannot look at a Kitty without seeing just how precious life is. Holding your fur child and having it nuzzle your chin is a warm wonderful feeling for anyone. it melts your heart and pierces the soul.

I cannot offer you a reason "why" it is so hard to deal with your loss.
But i would wager to say that you and your family are a very open and loving type that feels empathy with the world that surrounds you.
The little kitty that took up so much of your lives is now gone. That is devistating.
I can only offer you the hope, that one day maybe soon, maybe not...
your sorrow at this loss will be replaced by joy of the treasured memories shared. Your feelings of sadness at an empty bowl will be replaced by happiness at the memories of times shared.

Do not feel guilty or silly for your grief. We understand you. It is a testimony of how much you loved and were loved by this cat.
He was more than a cat. he was your family.

my heartfelt sympathy for your loss.

Play happily over the bridge little one, you were VERY loved.

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I wish I could say something magical and make all the pain and sadness disappear but unfortunately I can't. All I can offer are my thoughts and prayers for your family and lots of hugs.

RIP little one

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was your sweet precious baby, and we all understand how your feel! The grief that you feel is very real - you have lost a child! We are all here for you to help you through this, and try to take some comfort in the knowledge that your baby is now over the bridge, safe and healthy and waiting for the far-distant day when you are all reunited! My RB kitty, Whiskers, will help all of the other RB kitties to keep an eye on him and keep him safe until that day!

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Our cats are part of our families and we grieve when they go. I have love and mourned all my furbabies. I am thinking of you at this difficult time and know your sweet kitty is running free and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge until she sees you again.

Tricia

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is never 'just a cat'. Every cat has its own personality, and becomes part of your family in its own unique way. And it never gets any easier when you lose one, whether it is at a good old age or unexpectedly when it is still far too soon to go. I have been in both situations, as have many of us here. I am so sorry for you and your family, and I hope you find strength to help each other through this awful time.