My first foster-a 3 week old baby bottle feeder! Have questions.....

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just started volunteering at a rescue shelter in Naples, FL where I live. The organization is terrific. I call it Kitty Heaven! The shelter is paired with Petsmart in our area; they take in all babies and adult cats that need homes and keep them very well cared for until they are adopted out. Anyways, yesterday, I went to the shelter to get a low cost spay and neuter certificate from the center director. The lady had just had surgery and was taking morphene for the pain and on top of it had a terrible migrane headache. She was so upset that she could not care correctly for all of her cats and said that she needed alot of help at this time. Ok this story is getting way too long...I went around scooping litter pans and making sure all were cared for and came across a cage that had a sign on it "Gray Kitten Needs To Be Bottle Fed"! Poor little fuzzy! So I took it out and located the bottles and fed it! Poor baby, the volunteers had all gone home and the lady who runs the place was out for the night! So...I brought it home with me.
I have never fed a kitten using a bottle. It has dirrerhia. It cant bathe itself yet and cries alot! I am enjoying taking care of this beautiful baby and hope I am doing everything right so far.
Baby just woke up.. will write more later
Until,
Coco Maui
Ginger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much I will check out the website.

Also, the babies bottom is swollen. Its almost like it is pushing too hard and may have hemorroids???

meow me

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, living in Miami, FL for
Originally Posted by Coco Maui

Thank you so much I will check out the website.

Also, the babies bottom is swollen. Its almost like it is pushing too hard and may have hemorroids???
God bless you for taking care of the little furry baby !
I don't want to sound alarming, but I recently got a litter of 4, they were about 8 days old when a friend found them and brought them to me. Two of them had swollen bottoms, and, although I don't know if it was related, they had a very bad case of worms. That got worse by the day, they had deep wounds and were so weak they didn't make it.

If you can, please have him vet checked asap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no that doesn't sound very good! I have the kitten here at my house with my other cats. They have not touched each other though. The lady who I got the kitten from is feeling better now so I will get the kitten back to her to check it out, she is a vet.
The kitten is doing great. He looks alot healthier now and his butt is less swolen and red. I think he has doubled in size the last four days!
His dirrerea has even gotten better!
Thanks for the advice, I will definatly have him checked out!
Ginger
Coco Maui