my first feral

helpferal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have fed many feral cats over the years but this is my first attempt to tame one. I have made mistakes with her prior to reading and joining this forum. I hope I can still get my kitty to trust me. I have received great advise to my posts and I don't feel so lost anymore. I did not plan on having a feral cat but she really needed someone to love her..and I do heart:

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS.

As you already know, TCS is the place to be, when you need support and feedback about kitty issues.

As you learn your way around the site, if you need help,
please feel free to contact me.
Simply click on my user name and send a private message.
I will get back to you asap.

lioness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome!

I am glad to hear that you have gotten some good advice and help from this site already. Hopefully you will be able to get more.

I wish you much success with being able to tame your feral kitty.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to the site. How old is you kitty? Look forward to seeing pics & hearing all about her.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your feral kitty to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Good luck with helping your feral kitty to trust people - our Adelaide will tell you that with plenty of love and patience it is possible to bring a feral kitty into your home.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many Greetings from the Cat Site!

So happy to hear how you are trying to help a feral, they deserve it!

Best Wishes & Good Luck taming the feral!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Thank you for giving this kitty a chance.

Just go slow and keep on working with her. I have a cat named Pumkin that was feral (still doesn't like other people though). He started coming around to be fed a couple years ago. At first he would run and hiss if you opened the door and went out there to feed them but after a while of going slow with him he learned we weren't a threat and would let us get by him to feed him. Then he started to let us pet him and we were so shocked. It took a couple years of working with him to be able to pet him but it was so worth it!

Good luck

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I love to hear about folks taking on feral cats! My entire household got their start that way!!

I look forward to hearing your stories of success with this little one.

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good for you for taking in a feral, and I'm glad you have found useful info here. You will be amply rewarded for your extra work! I took in a feral - best advice I can give is: love, patience, respect.