My First Cat Show

cat fancier1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had a great time , but it was a long 2 days. First time I entered a cat so I have a lot to learn LOL.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you had fun, what kind of cats do you have? And how did they go?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat fancier1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have Singapura's but only showed the male. He was the only Singapura entry.i talked to one of the judges and he asked my what kind of shampoo I used and I told him I took my cat to a groomer. Big mistake! I should of bathed him myself and to use a mild soap like Swave or baby shampoo.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Singa's are great, over here shorthaired cats aren't generally bathed for a show. But if you are I'd be asking the breeder what products she uses, she'll know what works best. 

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We bathe our silver Maus to bring out their spots, and to help them achieve the coat texture we want. Smokes aren't generally bathed, just brushed and wiped down. But, I have been advised to bath on Wednesday evening to give the coat time to develop it's natural oils by a Saturday show. I use a brightening shampoo for their white background coats - you can usually talk to the vendors at the show for advice.

wendyb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Having just gotten into showing, the best advice I can suggest is to talk to your breeder or Mentor about bathing your babies.

But even with the grooming, aren't shows fun?