My Feral Cats

Rosie88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just joined, so hi everybody! My husband and I have ten cats inside. Kandi, Misha, Sabbie, Babbs, Heyboy, Sara, Yoyo, Spot, Samson and Sam. We also do TNR and have a colony , they also have names but that's a long list. We prefer our ferals stay feral due to people who are not nice. There are two on our front yard that never leave and are getting so tame. Whitey and Nancy should be in a rescue but around here all rescues are full. No kittens around here since we started getting them fixed, most still come for food, which is available all the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rosie88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is our Kandi, oldest, just had 2 teeth extracted Monday, today finally getting to feel better:)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R Rosie88 Welcome! :welcomesign::hithere:You are doing a wonderful job helping those kitties! My house is full too. That is why I have to rehome the ones I tame. I would release them after spay/neuter but they are targets for very bad people here. I started pulling them in from the woods and surrounding acreage as soon as I realized what was happening. It has been a race against time. I am glad your kitties stay close to home.
If you do decide to try and rehome them I will be glad to try and help you find resources. We are in kitten season now so many places are full but a little later spots may open up. Just stay in touch with the places you find that are good places. As they begin to know you and that you are doing rescues they will remember your desperate need to help the cats. When a spot opens up they are more likely to let you place a rescue there. Getting them tame will be key. If they can be petted, held, do not hiss or bite and do not run away to hide they will be adopted very quickly I know that sounds like a lot of things to cover but if your kitties are tame to you then you are most of the way there already. There are also programs that can help. I started with no info or help. It took me months to make any progress but now I understand how the system works and things have been moving along well. Finding the right contacts made all the difference. Some county shelters even offer help with Spay/neuter and shots. Just keep doing what you are doing! Fantastic accomplishments! Please keep me updated. I would love to hear more.:hellocomputer::rock:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
R Rosie88 : Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
It sounds like you have a lot of cats in your life. :petcat:Kandi, Misha, Sabbie, Babbs, Heyboy, Sara, Yoyo, Spot, Samson and Sam are all lucky to be inside cats. :catlove: And the ferals are also lucky to have you and your husband. Thanks for all you do for them. :heartshape:

Since you're new here, maybe you'd like to "formally" introduce yourself, and the cats, in our New Cats on the Block forum. :compsurfing: