My Feline "nephew" Has Gone

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My dear friend informed me not too long ago that her wonderful boy, Deacon John, has gone ahead to the Rainbow Bridge. Deacon was a stray who was cared for by Jane's daughter and her children until Jane's beloved Boston Terrier died at a VERY old age (he was much loved and well cared for). Jane was at a loss without her companion of so many years, and her daughter brought Deacon to her. He was such a love-kitty. HUGE...shorthaired, but with the size of a Maine Coon. Playful, alert, smart...just a really, really good cat. We referred to him as "Hekitty's cousin. A year or so ago he was diagnosed with diabetes, and Jane learned how to give him his meds, and he did well. Alas, as cats so often do, he was able to hide his pain and sickness from her recently until the very end. She rushed him to the vet, who diagnosed advanced cancer, with euthanasia as the kindest thing. LORD IT HIT ME HARD!

Rest you gentle, Deacon, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on my heart forever.

Deacon 3.jpg

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet boy, I am sorry for your loss...it hurts when they go even if they aren't directly ours, but he is fine now, no suffering, just fine and healthy once again.

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day and his parents too, God Bless you......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for letting us know of this special boy, he deserves to be recognized for what he gave to his family and that he left his mark in this world and on someone's heart. I, too, have just lost a special boy to cancer, so I know what a heartache this brings.
Jane's daughter has a very loving heart to know that Deacon would bring comfort to a loving soul, and distract the mind from it's heartache. Now your friend needs someone who understands what she is going through, the heart knows no difference between pet and human love, it just knows it has lost something so special it can never be replaced. We learn to love again, just as a mother does with each child, each one unique and irreplaceable. The bond she has with that beautiful boy will never be taken from her, for it is spiritual and therefore eternal. She could not let him suffer, somehow she found the strength to stop the pain from continuing. But it always comes with a price, the price of grieving and all that comes with it.
She will know someday that Deacon John's new journey will always parallel hers, he and that beautiful pup will always be near until the end of time. Neither would ever want her to be sad, love demands that we do not dwell in the past, but go forward into the future and live it to the fullest, with joy and happiness, that is what they want for her because that is what love is. She would want the same for them if she was the first to go.
My heart goes out to her, and to you, for caring and loving so much. You will all be blessed for your love for Gods' little ones, may you all receive peace in your hearts and happiness in your futures. Take care.....RIP precious Deacon John, may your journey to the Rainbow Bridge be swift, may your meeting with that little black and white terrier be joyous. You will never be forgotten in this world because a loving heart beats strongly, full of love for you both and will always hold a special place for your love to dwell. Goodnight, sleep tight, sweet Prince!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Deacon John was so lovely. I know he is at the bridge with so many of our
babies with Antonio's Lola showing him the ropes.

Hugs,

Mia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you all. Although Deacon was not my cat, he was still, in some way, "my cat." I visited with Jane daily, and he loved snuggling up next to me on the couch, and would always have one paw on my leg. When Jane moved out of town, I missed Deacon almost as much as I miss Jane. He was special, and will live in my heart always. I know I'll see him again one day, as I can't imagine an "Ever After" without those we love. Deacon will be with Jane, and we will still be dear, dear friends.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Deacon John was so lovely. I know he is at the bridge with so many of our
babies with Antonio's Lola showing him the ropes.

Hugs,

Mia
Mia6, you're so dear thinking of my Lola, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
In these days the pain for her loss is stronger than ever :(

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. Although Deacon was not my cat, he was still, in some way, "my cat." I visited with Jane daily, and he loved snuggling up next to me on the couch, and would always have one paw on my leg. When Jane moved out of town, I missed Deacon almost as much as I miss Jane. He was special, and will live in my heart always. I know I'll see him again one day, as I can't imagine an "Ever After" without those we love. Deacon will be with Jane, and we will still be dear, dear friends.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ,
sometimes it doesn't matter if the lost pets is ours or a friend's. If you had a bond with that pets it is like it was yours too. And their death is as painful as they were ours.
I remember when 5 years ago my neighbors were moving home. On that day they were carrying things from their old home to the new one. Their three cats were the last to be taken away. They were all roaming around when one of them was hit by a car. My neighbors weren't there at the moment of the accident, they were at the new home, so I had to call them on their mobile to tell them that their presence was needed at the old home. The neighbor soon understood what had happened without even asking and rushed to my home where I had put her beautiful calico cat into a box.
I tried to be strong in that moment, but when she left with that box I felt something breaking inside me. The tension I held in me burst and I felt a physical pain in my neck and jaw and it lasted for a week.
That poor cat wasn't mine, she wasn't even friendly to me and more than once had chased my two cats, nonetheless I was sad and in pain for her death, just because I used to see her every day.
One day we'll all be together with our friends!
RIP Deacon John, you were a beautiful snowball!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6, you're so dear thinking of my Lola, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
In these days the pain for her loss is stronger than ever :(
Oh Antonio,

No need for thanks. I fell in love with Lola as so many of us did and feel as though we knew her.
I just know she runs things at the Bridge, welcoming the newcomers and making them feel at home,
and I bet she is teaching them how to be good Millionaire Game players.

I know how much you are hurting as I grieve for Lola as well but she is needed at the Bridge snd
now she is making Jane's son, Deacon John, feel at home.

Hugs dear friend,

Mia

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lot's of love and well wishes coming your way :vibes::grouphug: :redheartpump:

It's a delight to know he had a good life after being a stray. R.I.P you gorgeous Deacon! Probably up there, having joined up with the Boston Terrier, getting into heavenly shenanigans together.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And again, thank you all. I sent Jane the link to this thread so that she can read it and know that he is remembered by many. It helps her, that along with the fact that her finches just hatched a healthy clutch of babies.

Lot's of love and well wishes coming your way :vibes::grouphug: :redheartpump:

It's a delight to know he had a good life after being a stray. R.I.P you gorgeous Deacon! Probably up there, having joined up with the Boston Terrier, getting into heavenly shenanigans together.
Oh, I know that they are! Probably hanging out with a good few of my own beloved animals who have Gone Ahead.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you. You can't tell it from this picture, but his eyes were the exact same green as Hekitty's are.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I second cassiopea cassiopea :
"It's a delight to know he had a good life after being a stray".
No matter short or long, a good life is a good life.
My tears.