My Fat Cat had her babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyhorse780

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior67

awwwwwwwwwwwwww the babies look too cute and chunky! love their markings!

I would try to sit in there with her so she stays in there as much as possible. Also make sure babies are kept warm.
It is pretty warm in my room just the way I like it. they are chunky but she was absolutly HUGE. I thought there were more in there then 5. She is still pretty big.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmyhorse780

Is it normal for her to leave her babies just after having them. She had them last night around 830 and about 930 or so she came out of my daughters room and stayed on the couch with me until 11 or so and then today she has been in and out of her room alot. She did ventur out the front door but that was as far as she went guess she wanted some fresh air. Don't worry all I stayed with her so she didn't get out of my sight. NO MORE KITTIES...LOL I've just been reading on here how alot of mommas don't leave their babies for 24 to 48 hours and I was getting a little concerend. Any suggestions?
Usually confining mom and babies into a smaller room or into a dog crate works. Best thing is to have her litterbox and food/water in the same room so she doesn't have to venture far. This helps also when it is time for the babies to learn about eating solid food and using the litterbox...they will have seen mom do it and get curious.

Mom cats that are especially close to their humans and are first time mothers...often will choose to spend time with their owners over their kittens...however, in this critical time when the kittens need so much of mom...it is best to visit her (even mom cats need a break every once in a while)...but make sure she stays with the kittens when visiting time is over.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyhorse780

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Usually confining mom and babies into a smaller room or into a dog crate works. Best thing is to have her litterbox and food/water in the same room so she doesn't have to venture far. This helps also when it is time for the babies to learn about eating solid food and using the litterbox...they will have seen mom do it and get curious.

Mom cats that are especially close to their humans and are first time mothers...often will choose to spend time with their owners over their kittens...however, in this critical time when the kittens need so much of mom...it is best to visit her (even mom cats need a break every once in a while)...but make sure she stays with the kittens when visiting time is over.

Katie
She has everything in room she needs she just refuses to use it. I've been going in several times every couple of hours to check on her. So it has been 3hours since she has come out so maybe me going in there to see her is helping. She hasn't touched her food in room she came out to kitchen and ate the other kitties food.