My family

halfpint1976

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My family

Hello everyone, my name is Amy and I am the proud owner of 6 cats.
First there is Zoe(Female/Spayed). She is going to be 5 in June! She is a domestic shorthair... She is grey and white and a total daddy's girl...Her and my boyfriend are inseperable! I got her from my boyfriends Aunt! Then there is Abigail(Abby for short)(Female) She turned 4 in February! . She is a domestic medium hair mixed calico... I received Abby through a friend who's cat had a litter... She is a great girl.. Very affectionate.. And loving! I think she might have been a dog in a former life because she likes to play fetch with her toy mice I buy from the local pet store... Then there's Shelby (Female), my third girl... She is Zoe's half sister! Same mom different dad... Different litter! Shelby is going to be 4 at the end of this month.. She is a beautiful domestic shorthair. She is unique in color some people tell me she is tortise colored but I really am not sure... She definately is unique though.. She won't hesitate to speak her mind! She is a total momma's girl! She is my sidekick wherever I go! Then there's my boys! First there is Osgood(Male/Neutered). He will be 2 in July! He is a long hair black and white cat! Not sure what breed he is mixed with although he is rather large and has a maine coon look to him... He is my baby! I love him to death. His goal in life is to please! He will keep you entertained when you are bored and he will comfort you when ever you are sad.. He is my one of a kind treasure... I got him through a friend... Then there's my boy Ernie (Male/Neutered), he is going to be a year old in May! He is still a baby! So he is going through his baby stages of being the house terror! But he seems to be calming down and he loves to sit on my lap while I'm sitting at the computer. He is my computer buddy! He is a medium hair black and white cat as well... My uncle found him along with three other kittens in a box behind his work... They were left for dead... But we brought them home and took them to the vet and got them on the right path and they are a joy to my family! A family friend got one. My sister kept one. My cousin kept one, and of course I kept one, thats how I got Ernie.... Now my last boy I just found 1 week ago... He is about 6 weeks old... I am not sure.. I was hearing kitten noises for a few days ... And I looked under my house and sure enough there were two kittens just sitting there... I guess the momma had crawled through a crawl space in my back porch and had these babies... My sister took the other one and I got the one I am now calling Oliver(Male)! He is so affectionate... He is all black but with some dark grey tabby stripes going all through his body... And a little patch of white on his tummy! I've only had him for a week and I love him already! He went to the vet for the first time yesterday and the vet said he looked very good and healthy... Which sets my mind at rest a little... He also got his first set of shots! Ouch he did not like that! All of my cats get along great... Since the girls are a little older than the boys they tend to mother the boys... Which is a good thing since the boys all came into my house at a very early age and they needed that nurturing that only a momma cat can give... I am very grateful for my girls! I love my cats very much! They are not only a pet they are my kids since there are personal complications and I might never be able to have babies... My cats are my babies and I wouldn't trade a one of them for the world... So please feel free to reply to me or email me I would love to hear about your babies.

Have a great day!

Amy

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Amy and welcome!

I moved your post to a thread of its very own so that people will see that you are another new member. I hope you enjoy our site.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you have a full house and a house full of love.
I completely understand when you say your cats are your kids. I feel the same way about mine.

Hope to see you posting often!

rvan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome Amy!! I'm a newbie to this site too, my "introduction" was at least as long as yours so I just had to reply!!! I totally agree with you that our little furry friends can feel like our children!!! Most of my friends at work are either dog owners or don't own pets at all, but even they have to concede that being a responible pet owner is really no different than having kids... one even went on to say that at least human kids grow up and eventually take care of themselves!! Your household sounds very busy and full of love, and bravo for saving several little lives along the way!!! I've only got 2 cats and some days it feels like 6, so I really admire your ability to have so many diverse and distinctive personalities living harmoniously under one roof!!! anyway, just wanted to say Hi!! welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll find lots of good people and great information on just about everything related to cats, and the people they own...