My Family Cat Pinking Up Or Not?

Mari88

Mari88
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
I just joined my first cat forum. Iv always loved cats and kittens and not long ago I bought my first cat with the intention of one day opening my own cattery.
At the moment I own one cat, she is a british shorthair and she lives indoors as a family pet. About 3 weeks ago I found her a registered, pedigree stud and bred her.
This is my first cat breeding and I thought this site would be a good place for advice.

So my cat crystal is eating more, grooming more and definitely sleeping more and Iv noticed a change in her nipples (Pic attached) I’m regularly in touch with the stud owner who agreed to mentor me but I wanted to reach out to more cat owners/breeders for your opinions.

She stayed with the stud for three days so safe to say she is pregnant unless confirmed otherwise.

Would you say she is pinking up from the pic attached?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like you are going to be grandmother soon! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mari88

Mari88
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you are going to be grandmother soon! :)
I’m too young to be a grandmother lol Nah but I really feel for my cat, watching her go through these pregnancy changes. Iv been pregnant 3 times even carried twins and for me pregnancy is the hard part.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You will be grandmother in 7 short weeks. Unless you modestly pretend to be older sister to the kittens. :)

MY share is easier, my residents were - and is - studs.

So I see just the matings.
But there are lotsa of grandchildren etcetera...

Mari88

Mari88
Young Cat
Purraise
You will be grandmother in 7 short weeks. Unless you modestly pretend to be older sister to the kittens. :)

MY share is easier, my residents were - and is - studs.

So I see just the matings.
But there are lotsa of grandchildren etcetera...
I think the stud cats are amazing big fluff balls from what I seen. What breed do you have?
Something magnificent about cats. So admirable! I’m hoping to keep one maybe two kittens from this litter.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get your female? Is that breeder a mentor as well?

Do you have an emergency vet fund?

Have you started feeding her unlimited kitten kibble and meals of wet kitten food?

Mari88

Mari88
Young Cat
Purraise
Russian blue the Scandinavic type.
Very nice!

Where did you get your female? Is that breeder a mentor as well?

Do you have an emergency vet fund?

Have you started feeding her unlimited kitten kibble and meals of wet kitten food?
I’m still intouch with the breeder too and yes I’m feeding her dry kitten food and raw meat. I’m not too fond of wet food and she only ever eats the gravy herself.
yes ofcourse I’m financially stable and I planned this breeding. Only thing is no matter how much I plan or read and prepare myself it’s just different when it’s actually happening so I thought talking to people on a forum would be good.

21Westcoastcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like she might be pinking!
Do you have a photo of her nipples before she met with the stud to compare? :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi
I just joined my first cat forum. Iv always loved cats and kittens and not long ago I bought my first cat with the intention of one day opening my own cattery.
At the moment I own one cat, she is a british shorthair and she lives indoors as a family pet. About 3 weeks ago I found her a registered, pedigree stud and bred her.
This is my first cat breeding and I thought this site would be a good place for advice.
I see you have a serious approach.

But one important question. Your female the queen to be is a purebred. Do you have full pedigree and registration papers on her, registered with a serious association?

If not, the kittens cant be registered either. And thus, she cant be the Matriarch and Ancestor of your breeding line.
You can train with her, but a serious start up you must do with another, fully registered one.

If she is a nice and good representative of the breed, you can try to get her accepted as Novice, but its unsafe. Many registries and breeds has closed the Novice entrance....

IF she is registered etc, its of course much easier, just to proceed forward according to the planes. :)

Mari88

Mari88
Young Cat
Purraise
I see you have a serious approach.

But one important question. Your female the queen to be is a purebred. Do you have full pedigree and registration papers on her, registered with a serious association?

If not, the kittens cant be registered either. And thus, she cant be the Matriarch and Ancestor of your breeding line.
You can train with her, but a serious start up you must do with another, fully registered one.

If she is a nice and good representative of the breed, you can try to get her accepted as Novice, but its unsafe. Many registries and breeds has closed the Novice entrance....

IF she is registered etc, its of course much easier, just to proceed forward according to the planes. :)

Yes she is full pedigree and registered with GCCF. Everyone that comes to my house love her.

Is it normal for her to lose hair?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it normal for her to lose hair?
They usually lose the hairs around the nipples later or sooner. Elsewhere? Its not the typical. Although I presume some extra felling may happen.

Mari88

Mari88
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys
I planned this breeding in hope of opening my own cattery so I started with my pedigree active reg British shorthair. So we bred her 24-27th December and she is 63 days tomorrow from first mating.

So today she has lost her mucus plug but all else looks fine. In your experience how long after losing plus does labour start?
Anyone else expecting a litter please get on board to share our experiences

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It can take a couple of days after a cat loses the mucus plug before she gives birth. Here’s a thread about that: She's lost her mucus plug over 24 hours ago.

Don’t worry, you’ll have kittens any day now! Here’s another article that gives some info about signs that a birth is impending: How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Please do keep us updated! And I’m sure everyone would love to see pictures of the kittens once they come. :)

Mari88

Mari88
Young Cat
Purraise
abyeb abyeb thank you for the info
I’m watching her for signs but nothing yet. Do you count days from first mating or last day of mating?