My DSH or?

ezrafitch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
2 days ago I adopted a 2 year old big boy DSH. You can find the story in the new cats on the block forum. We are trying to figure out the breed so i figured I bring it to the appropiate forum. He seems to be a night guy. Although i did have to work I tred to stay up half the night just to observe and this is what i got.
-He is likes to be ontop. He finds the highest part of the house and sort of bend down and look at things.
-He stayed up all night hunting, eating etc.
-He loves water. I have a med sized waterfall/fountain and many trees where he loves being and climbing. He also jumped into my tub when it was filled with water.
-He loves playing and being pet but when he hears the neighbors outside my door he does a roar/growl thing and stares at the door.
-I admit as love able as he is I was a bit scared because i woke up in the middle of the night and he was all the way ontop of the bookshelf staring at me. Sort of like that commercial where the couple gets a black panther for their home. He then jumped down and jumped down to the bed. This morning he was too scared to come out he needs time.
-He also comes when his name is called which is awesome!

I seriously feel like I have a wild beast that is loving lol all my life i wanted a F1 Savannah but that wasnt going to happen. I wanted a rescue or stray. Here are some pictures!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ezrafitch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do not let the mean looks fool you! this is the sweetest big baby ever!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   Hi there.  Your boy looks like a very stripey, beautiful 'broken mackerel brown tabby' domestic short hair cat.  His head has more of an Oriental shape to it than British, American or Foreign shorthair to me.  He has a lovely athletic look to him which combined with his lovely stripes is very attractive. 
    From that second picture it looks like he has bonded with you quickly and is enjoying the attention you are giving him.   I think you and your boy are going tyo get on great, he is a great alternative to a hybrid. 

I am sure it is unnerving to wake up with him watching you from up above!  My boy used to do that and then launch down on to me when he was little, but thankfully doesn't do it much now he weights  9 1/2 lb.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ezrafitch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hahahaha it sure was scary! I keep getting the whole oriental thing so ill go with that! I really feel like i am living with a small tiger. When he head-butts it feels like a horse is doing it. lol I am not a negative person but it will take me a while to keep looking for what is wrong with him. Meaning who would get rid of him? I heard someone did. I am confident he will remain the king that he is.