My dream dog!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what i am getting. I was on Freecycle and a lady is having to get rid of her husky puppy. She can't take care of it anymore. I e-mailed her.
I told her i ma interested but had to talk to Lee first! Ya'll I don't know what kind of dog I want anymore!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No i just got off the phone with Lee. He says he doesn't want a puppy in the house until he is back that way it gets to know him too. Makes sense but I am still disappointed.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Silly men! THe puppy would be used to him at any age...And that Weim is a puppy too at only 4 1/2 months old!

Let us know what you decide!!!!!

I vote for the Weim rescue...and tell the Husky lady about Husky Rescue in your area...

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know. I really want the Weim. But Lee is right. His parents dog listens to me somewhat but not as good as he would if I had part in training him. And I think tying to train a dog gmight be a little much for me right now. I know she would help relieve some of my stress about Lee leaving for 9 months but I am going to have to go with what Lee thinks is best.
I would really love the Weim though.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwww. Poor you and poor pup. I thought he said it was a good idea? He has now changed his mind?

But hey, to take the loneliness out of Lee leaving,how about volunteering at a shelter and walking the dogs there? That way you can see pups and dogs all the time, keep them AND you company and then get a good idea of what breeds you do best with?

I do agree that a Weim is a HUGE challenge to take on if you aren't ready...

Hope everything works out

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what he was thinking. He knew taking me to Petland to see the Weim they had would make me want one even more.
But I have my girls to keep me company and the first weekend he is gone is slam packed with things for me to do and hopefully the 9 months fly by. Then we can look into getting a Weim!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a Weimerwaner growing up. She was great with our cats, and even better with children. She would have died before biting any of us. My mother told us how she was in another room and she heard Dutches (that was her name) crying. She went in to find out what was wrong, and my little brother who was about 3 at the time was sitting on top of Dutches biting her, and pulling her floppy ears as hard as he could. All Dutches did was cry, she never even tried to bite. What a wonderful dog she was. She was the sweetest most loving dog a person could have, but let a stranger come into our yard, and she was like a Pit Bull. She was not going to let anyone hurt us. She was THE BEST.