My dear Gris passed away 36 hrs ago

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brokenheart

I think grief is one of those things that only time can help. Three months ago, I wouldn't have believed the grief would get gentler, but it does. I still miss him all day, every day, but it's no longer like being in the middle of a tornado.
and there will still be pain when you think of him, but nowhere near as sharp... i still miss my Mouse, gone 3 years this past Christmas season. i did the same thing you did - beat myself up for many things - not noticing sooner, not getting her to a competent vet, not being there when she left. but i know i did the best i could to do the right thing for her, & you did the same for Gris

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is very hard to cope with the pain and with the guilt. I put my baby down today and I also feel extremely guilty. I keep asking myself if there was something I could have done differently in order to save him. but i think that this is a common feeling amongst pet owners. I mean they are our babies!!!!
time will heal! hang in there.....i am with you because I also am going thru the same thing