My Dear Friend Tommy Lost His Battle With Cancer

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tiff, I can't tell you how deeply sorry I am for you tonight hearing this news. I am just glad you were able to visit him last week, to see him one more time. I am also thankful he didn't suffer and linger on and on. You know, we all do this to ourselves, the "what if's" or the "I should haves" and beat ourself up over thinking about what we could have done. Tommy knew what a dear great friend you were to him. I am sure he knew this. I am sorry you are so very sad. Many, many vibes and prayers I am sending you tonight, my friend
. Tommy was a great friend. Rest Peacefully,
Tommy
, you will be missed.

of strength to you and Randall

schneidermen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so difficult to watch someone we watch pass away and I do hope your pain lessens quickly.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
(I tried to post this yesterday, but it didn't work, so I apologize for taking so long to offer my condonlences.)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I am just sitting here bawling my eyes out.
I can't believe that he's gone. I knew when I saw him that he wasn't gonna be here much longer, but I hadn't expected that it would be this soon. I was planning on seeing him at least one more time, in spite of the pain it caused me to see him that way. But now hes' gone and I can't. I started thinking about all the times we spent together, like our special trip down to Galveston that we all took together, and how much fun we had. I'm wishing I would have spent more time with him before he became sick: now it's too late. I'm really gonna regret not spending that time with him now...

I'm sorry for babbling, y'all. This has affected me more than i thought it would.
He was so dear to me.

I understand your pain. My Mom died exactly 1 month ago today, and I feel guilty for the very same reasons. I knew she'd die from her cancer, but I thought we'd have about another year or so with her, not 3 weeks. I ddin't get the phone call that she was in the hospital--my cell phone ddidn't alert me as it should have--and I got the horrible call at 6 AM that said she was dying, and I had to get to the hospital ASAP, as she had less than an hour to live--if I wanted to say good-bye. She died while we were on the way to the hospital.

Don't focus on your regrets--what's done is done--but think of the good times. That's how your friend would want you to think. After all, even though his body is no longer with you, you will still have each other forever. I don't believe that physical death ends a person's life. He's still with you. Please take comfort in that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey y'all,

I just wanted to let y'all know how much I appreciate your kind words & condolences. It really means a lot to me.

Needless to say, the past few days have been pretty tough.
Right now I'm kinda just numb - or maybe I'm just plum worn out from all the crying I've been doing over losing Tommy. I'm glad that he's no longer suffering, but I still can't believe that he's really gone and I'll never see him again.
I think that what's made this more heartbreaking is knowing that Tommy could still be here, if he would have gotten himself to the doctor sooner than he did. He knew there was something wrong, but put off going to see the doctor due to his worries over finances. If he would have gone sooner, they might have been able to treat the cancer before it got as bad as it did. But by the time he went to see a doc, the cancer was already in stage 4 and it was too late to do anything about it. Knowing that just breaks my heart, cuz he might still be with us if he would have done something sooner than he eventually did. It all just seems so unfair...

I'm gonna miss you, Tommy. You were a truly special person, and one-of-a-kind.
I'm sure you have a special place right next to God.

Thanks again, y'all.
Your thoughtfulness & support means a lot to me.