Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Up comes pics of a nicely looking girl, and if you continue, up comes just 1 unclear pic of a kitty.  Her??

Anyway, if you want us to tell some look alike breeds, we need several good pics, its not enough with ONE mini small, unclear pic of a kitten making funny faces, however sweet.    :)

When did your kitty died?   It may be important for my perhaps coming tip.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belovedkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I edited the link click now. Also she died a few monthes ago a car got her!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pic nr 3 gives an impression of a Russian Blue - look alike. 

The rest of the answer I will PM you.

Good luck!

belovedkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm going to find more pics and even videos but probly not today :)

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 She 's very beautiful.   I'm  so sorry to hear that she died like that!  

I agree that 3rd photo does have a kind of Russian Blue look to her.  but she's a longhair.  There is a breed meant to be a longhair Russian Blue but they're very, very rare and it would be unusual to have one without knowing it.   There really are hardly any of them.  

but you might call her a Nebelung lookalike. 

belovedkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please tell me more about that breed and maybe send me links. Do you think she has russian blue in her?

She has 6 toes

I don't like some of the pics are small! this week probly find videos of her arw you excited?

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 http://www.tica.org/public/breeds/nb/intro.php     This is the TICA breed intro.   

http://www.catconnect.com/int/portrait/frri_nebelung.htm    This tells the history written by the breeder who started the breed. 

Understand,  I am not saying she IS a pedigreed Nebelung.     They are really quite rare.   The breed started in the 1980s and  i think got accepted in TICA  in the 90s.  but for some reason they just don't seem to be popular and the breed seems to have almost disappeared.   I' ve hardly ever seen them at shows. 

I suspect there are a lot more people  who think their blue Domestic Longhair is  a Nebelung and Blue Domestic Longhairs wrongly listed as "Nebelungs" by Shelters,  than there are pedigreed Nebelungs!    

On the other hand, they actually did start just from some beautiful blue domestic longhairs  ( cats of no particular breed).   then some of those were bred to Russian Blues. 

I'm not saying it is impossible your lovely cat could have some RB in her but they're pretty rare these days.  or at least they are in many countries.     In the U.S. for example they are a lot more rare than a hairless Sphynx cat.    and the pet kittens are usually spayed/ neutered and never bred. 

The vast majority of cats aren't a breed or mix of breeds.  That is very different from dogs,  because there has been a lot more people breeding dogs than cats.  Most cat have just mated on their own with the cats in their own area and descend from many generations of other random-bred cats. 

On the other hand,  these random-bred cats come in a big variety and sometimes resemble a breed,   even if not actually related to that breed. 

I can totally understand why you would want a cat like her because she sounds very special.    

I'm just trying to say that not every blue cat with similar features would have the same personality.    (well,  NONE of them would be exactly like her because each cat is an individual. )   .

But you might really love a Russian Blue,  i do think they usually are very attached to their people.  

belovedkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey the second link about the history looks like my cat! In the pic is it a female?(mine was a spayed female) are short haired russian blue rare too? What so you think of my cat having 6 toes?

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  I am not sure which cat is in which picture.   but I think those first few pictures may be of eithr the first pair  or their offspring,  cats descended from domestic longhairs and shorthairs.   just very pretty cats who sort of resembled a longhair version of a Russian Blue. 

that does look like the picture of your cat!    It is probably just one of those coincidences that happen in cats. 

Shorthaired Russian Blues are rare in the U.S. these days.    They might be less rare some places.     There are just a lot more of the random-bred blue cats.