My Day....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished frosting the last of the cookies and doing my clean up. Cookies are done, pasta sauce is done and I'm getting ready to vacuum.

So......the windows are open and I've got the iPod blaring and this couple drives up the driveway. I met them at the front window (I don't open doors to anybody). I asked them what they wanted and they said they wanted to give me some pamphlets. And about that time Prince's Sexy MF starts playing on my iPod....with the actual words. :doh::paperbag: They turned around, got into their car and left. At that point, they probably thought I was beyond saving. What are the odds?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Ha ha, good timing on Prince's part, his music lives on.:wink:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you SURE you didn't arrange it that way? I hate those people who think it's their duty to tell me what to believe.

The day after my small brother died, a couple came to the door. My mother said she didn't feel like talking to them because her child had just died. They both exclaimed, "Did he repent for his sins before he died?" He was only about two. "Oh," they declared, "He's going to burn in hell!" My mother told them she was going to get her shotgun and if they were within range, she was going to fire. They weren't.

Cheers to Prince!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A few years ago, something similar happened. I don't remember if it was another religious zealot or a salesman. About the time he came to the door, Judas Priest started singing "You've Got Another Thing Comin' ".

It frustrates me to no end that these religious zealots think they have the right to come onto my property to spam me with pamphlets and religious tracts. It's trespassing when you get right down to it and it's not right. We came home a couple weeks ago and found tracts in our door. Rick simply threw them in the trash can.

What gives them the right to come onto our property?

Right after our son was born, one of Rick's cousins came to our house with his pastor. They wanted to know if our son had been baptized and, if not, when we were going to have it done. The pastor started in with the whole burning in hell thing and, cripes, we were talking about a baby who might have been a week old! I got rather nasty about the whole thing, picked our son up from his crib and we went back to the bedroom. Wasn't too long after that that the men left. I told Rick, "Never again". And I meant it. When our son was about five or so, Rick's aunt sent us a horribly nasty letter about not taking our son to Sunday school and not going to church. Religious zealots. I never spoke to her again. How dare they?!

On another note, the pastor from Rick's church is coming to visit with us/Rick this coming Thursday (Rick doesn't know it yet, but I will "arrange" to have a meeting that night). Anyway I told Rick what happened this morning and he said I am not allowed to be playing my iPod on Thursday before the pastor visits. :wink:

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is one reason I have no trespassing signs and my gate is locked. If they want to walk the 1/4 mile up my drive, I will either shoot at them ( I wouldn't hit them) or they can get arrested.
I have no need or time for religious zealots.

I could hope the cougar would be around, then I could watch the fun.