My daughter was burned

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is doing a bit better today. Not as much pain. Her hand has swollen alot over night, so she now is in a sling. to keep her hand elevated. Home care will be changing her bandages starting tomorrow. The doctor said no school for this week at least. She is going to be unable to take gym class for 3 weeks. I am hoping this won't affect her graduation, Gym class is manditory. I am waiting for a call from the school. She is very upset (crying) her grad pictures are being taken tonight. They can't be rescheduled.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How horrible
I know burns are icky. I've got a big scar from a 2nd-3rd degree burn on my left arm from where a lightbulb burnt it one night, blister burst immediately. I also have a nice little scar on my right arm from hot oil while pan frying. for her!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh the poor thing!! I hope she heals quickly!!

I can sympathize too. I got a friction burn on the tips of both my thumbs and index fingers in shop class in Junior high and I still don't have proper feeling in my right index finger. After reading all these posts here it seems like just about everyone must burn their self once in their lifetime!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless her heart, I know what agony a bad burn can be. Many good thoughts for the pain to subside quickly...