My daughter found a stray cat and will never take an animal to the Humane Society again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

woodstock66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update...we've made some progress this week. Sorin is becoming a real house cat. She's playing, but not with the other two. We have to play with her alone. She's still going after the other two although it's more chasing than attacking. No claws at all so far, but Itty is now terrified of her and won't go near her if she can help it. Magic keeps taunting her but I think it's turning more into a game--Sorin is nowhere near fast enough to catch her and isn't much of a jumper or climber, so Magic has no problem getting away from her. They both ran into the kitchen when I got up this morning, but there was no sign of aggression from either of them. Magic got up on top of the refrigerator and just looked down at Sorin and I swear if a cat could laugh, she was! Sorin just sat there staring up at her. 

We're moving in a week, and I hope all the progress we've made isn't completely undone. The good thing is that they'll have a lot more room to spread out. My current house just isn't big enough for three cats. 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What you will find is that they will bond over the fact that they are moving. The new space will be new to all 3 of them & they won't be as territorial.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you're making good progress and that the two kitties are enjoying some horse play. No one is getting hurt and everyone is using the litter box so you're doing good :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

woodstock66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What you will find is that they will bond over the fact that they are moving. The new space will be new to all 3 of them & they won't be as territorial.
Oh, I hope so! We had one little spat yesterday. She chased Itty under my bed. 

I don't know what to do about Itty. She's my shy timid one but I think it's her body language that's setting Sorin off. She's always in very defensive mode and I think Sorin is reading that as threatening. 
It sounds like you're making good progress and that the two kitties are enjoying some horse play. No one is getting hurt and everyone is using the litter box so you're doing good
Thanks. I needed to hear that. :)