My Date

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear!!

Sounds to me like you mad the right decision!! I am sure your prince charming will come alone in time. I have been told that you can't look for love, it will find you.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

They were PG Tips!!! I had an email this morning saying I couldn't possibly make up my mind about him till I had experienced him as a 'Latin lover'! I think that says it all.
You made the right decision! That email sounds... hmm, scary!! Run, run away quick! But you did make the right choice.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny, good decision. IMO, a first date should be nothing less than thrilling. Don't settle for anything less!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

They were PG Tips!!!
Oh now thats different!

I had an email this morning saying I couldn't possibly make up my mind about him till I had experienced him as a 'Latin lover'! I think that says it all.
Oh!!!!!!
He just keeps digging himself into a deeper grave!
One thing though Jenny, he's giving us all a laugh

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ditch him.
you sound like a great women and well you deserve a great man. and in my book paying for at least most of the meals is a biggy. It may seem so small in the sum of things but by just that you can tell what kind of person he is and how he treats people, ie women.

there is this code of conduct rule most women follow and there are some gals who have ditched the old fashion ways and want no help in their equal duties indpendence jumble which is ok, but the fact that your writing about it and it isnt sitting right with you means that...heck it isnt right for you.

I had a friend i met on the internet (haha crazy i know) come down from the UK and until that moment we had never met. he stayed at my place but totally pulled his weight and treated me out too. I had a blast with him and he really truly understood what level I was on and well we are best pals now. I totally took a gamble and it worked out ok. I had no regrets or uneasy feelings about his stay (although he did make out with an entire bridal party the first night he was here).

like i say. ditch him.
but if you feel obligated keep it friendly and if you truly grow close and can look past his wallet and the lack of....then stick around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's history. The final straw was not meanness or boasting about his lovelife, it was me sending him an article relevant to a long discussion we had about the existence of God. Because he obviously only read half of it he sent me back an email jumping to completely the wrong conclusion. I can stand a lot but lack of academic integrity and bad research is the deal breaker!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so what exactly is a latin lover anyway??

does it count if i say "youve never had a real Sicilian/Scottish lover till you try it!"

I am cracking my self up here

Sorry jenny!

I'm glad he is History if he was really that bad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susan, yes, he says he liked to debate and argue, as do I - I was taught to take any side in an argument and try to put a logical case, even if I didn't agree with it. And that is great. But we had a discussion and he put forward some evidence which I thought was wrong and inaccurate. ANd we agreed we would look it up. So I did and I found a whole article, which I sent him. But he didn't read it properly, and missed the conclusion the writer was making. Whether he agreed with it or not is no matter - I can accept most views as long as they son't hurt anyone, but h e was not thorough in his reading, which is often what leads people to have wrong views and leap to conclusions in the first place.

Fwan - have had French, Spanish and Portuguese boy friends among others, and I couldn't tell you what is special about a 'Latin lover'!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Susan, yes, he says he liked to debate and argue, as do I - I was taught to take any side in an argument and try to put a logical case, even if I didn't agree with it. !
Nuff said. Bin him because you'll both clash