My dad...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.

I called the hospital and talked with him for a little bit. Some of his attention span was affected by the stroke and he sounded "horse", but he was laughing at me because I wanted to know if he remembered my name. My sister told him I wanted to tell his younger sister about his situation, and he said he wanted me to find her. I've been trying to call their old number all day today, but I keep getting a fax machine. Hopefully, that is still their fax number and they accidentally left it on today. If I tell her, then she is bound to tell my grandmother and the rest of his family.

Looks like we'll be taking each day at a time. He said, "If you have time, come up and visit me." I'll make the trip in a couple of days for sure. I am just emotionally drained right now....thanks for your prayers everyone.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww Candie thats great that he knew who you were, as well as wanting his youngest sister to know as well

It's a start and thats the main thing!. Now that you've heard him you get some rest chick!
but keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I feel tons better. I might go out this weekend to see him. I need to get up there more often. I already have the weekend of his birthday set aside for him only (April 4th). Zack and his dad are doing a motorcycle class, and I have decided I am going to spend that Sunday with him as perfect as possible, God willing. I just hope and pray his body holds up another month...longer actually. We had a huge blowout a year ago, I am glad we got past that. I realize that when it's his time, I will have to accept that, but I just will miss him. We aren't as close as I would like to be, but things are that way since we were never near each other and my parents were divorced when I was 2. Times like these, I realize family is so important. When Ashley, my sister, told me what happened. I almost fell to the floor. We just had a nice little talk Friday night, it meant the world to me.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you've had a chance to talk with your Dad, Candie, and feel a little relief. You'll feel better, too, once you've seen him and touched him, and all that. Continuing to pray for a good recovery for him, and some good time for the two of you together.

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and your Dad are in my thoughts, I hope things turn out ok with your family

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Yes, I feel tons better. I might go out this weekend to see him. I need to get up there more often. I already have the weekend of his birthday set aside for him only (April 4th). Zack and his dad are doing a motorcycle class, and I have decided I am going to spend that Sunday with him as perfect as possible, God willing. I just hope and pray his body holds up another month...longer actually. We had a huge blowout a year ago, I am glad we got past that. I realize that when it's his time, I will have to accept that, but I just will miss him. We aren't as close as I would like to be, but things are that way since we were never near each other and my parents were divorced when I was 2. Times like these, I realize family is so important. When Ashley, my sister, told me what happened. I almost fell to the floor. We just had a nice little talk Friday night, it meant the world to me.
Candie whats happend is now in the past so you can now all form a bond again before it's too late
You've been given this chance which is brilliant because my brother who fell out with my dad never got that

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Candie, please take care of yourself! It is so easy to let your own health needs slide while you are worried about someone else. You won't do your family any good if you're in the next hospital room.

You all remain in my thoughts. More vibes coming your way.