My Dachshund ain't doing to good

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 8yr old male dachshund ain't doing to good puking wont eat much bloody diarrhea and he smells bad does any one have any idea what it might be?
by the way he is at the vets

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your dog is so sick :( Honestly, vomiting and bloody diarrhea can be symptomatic of several different issues, some fixed fairly quickly by meds and bland diet, some not so simple. It's probably best to wait for diagnosis from the vet and try to not look up all the scary stuff on the internet...hard as it is not to do that. Hopefully, it's just some upper GI issues that can be sorted out within a few days. I'm sending you and your pup vibes and hugs and praying for a good outcome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called them this morning they said he is having firm poo no blood and eating fine could it be hemroids ?and they said there going to call me later to talk about it there busy at the moment ,and would putting him on wet only help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he is back home hey said its most likely worms they didn't want to test him because it will cost allot so they dewormed him they said if he has this issue again bring him back

and they gave us dewormer for Brisk and Layla