My cats wet food only reviews

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I would start this post not just for me. I keep forgetting what my cats liked and didn't. Feel free to add

Mouser: expensivethey love a certain one but not pond

Smalls: all my cats love this. Very expensive. I like that you can order what your cat needs by answering certain questions.. Peaches needs to gain weight and can't eat chicken or fish. It will be in a rotation so the price won't be that bad

Nulo minced turkey duck minced she loved and nulo salmon

Stay away from rawz

Merrick Purrfect Bistro Soirees Grain Free Wet Cat Food, Chunky Gravy Cat Food Wet Recipe, Turkey Cassoulet - 2.75 oz.my cat Maggie loves. Chunks are too big for peaches and coco

There's more when I think of it

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea for a thread, you could really go to town on this one, Maggie101. I would love to hear the reviews written by your cats!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree, this is a great thread idea :) thank you.

So far, Mr Captain likes the gravy of Merrick Backcountry but not the little chunks.

I'm trying again with tiki cat, so far he's agreeable.

He doesn't seem very fond of Churu.

He likes fancy feast, royal canin.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After her spay, Maple stopped eating her wet food. It took months and months and hundreds of dollars until she finally settled on Weruva. I really like that brand, especially because it's a privately owned company. I used to feed Fancy Feast but I don't want any of my money going in Nestle's pockets.

The winner by far is Paw Lickin' Chicken. She eats it every time. She also likes the Soulistic duck dinner. The soulistic brand (Petco) is also made by Weruva.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
After her spay, Maple stopped eating her wet food. It took months and months and hundreds of dollars until she finally settled on Weruva. I really like that brand, especially because it's a privately owned company. I used to feed Fancy Feast but I don't want any of my money going in Nestle's pockets.

The winner by far is Paw Lickin' Chicken. She eats it every time. She also likes the Soulistic duck dinner. The soulistic brand (Petco) is also made by Weruva.
That's my cat Maggie's favorite too and weruva the double dip chicken and beef. She no longer likes Merrick and i think it was causing her to get loose stools. Peaches is slowly gaining weight from smalls.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I just remembered why peaches can't eat Merrick. She threw up.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats will always go for Almos chicken and cheese shreds....except it seems sometimes its overcooked or something and it smells terrible. Then it is no go. I can tell because the food is grey not pink.
They like Earthborn Monterey medley and one of the chicken ones.
Stella and Chewys topper is a hit if they don't finish everything.

And Greenies that are soft in the middle are a MUST !

Otherwise, like Meekie Meekie said, $$$$ have gone into finding something else they like. They are a shreds only bunch. Chunks just get the gravy licked off. Pate is a complete pass....

And there you have it 🙃

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats will always go for Almos chicken and cheese shreds....except it seems sometimes its overcooked or something and it smells terrible. Then it is no go. I can tell because the food is grey not pink.
They like Earthborn Monterey medley and one of the chicken ones.
Stella and Chewys topper is a hit if they don't finish everything.

And Greenies that are soft in the middle are a MUST !

Otherwise, like Meekie Meekie said, $$$$ have gone into finding something else they like. They are a shreds only bunch. Chunks just get the gravy licked off. Pate is a complete pass....

And there you have it 🙃
Oh, I forgot about earthborn ! It's not sold in stores my cats do love it

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
During the time when I was trying to get Maple to eat wet food, I tried everything I could think of. This included making notes and charts and whatnot. One thing I discovered was that she liked variety and would not eat the same flavor two days in a row.

I was wrong. She's had Paw Lickin' Chicken just about every night this week and finished every drop. Just goes to show you that until we figure out a way to actually talk to them, there are some times when your assumptions about what they're thinking should be taken with a grain of salt.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I was secretly rooting for food reviews written “by” the cats here, but this is extremely helpful.

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Smudge and Bruno’s reviews:

Fancy Feast: Yes please. We love this and one of us will devour half the meal before Mom can even get it out of the can.

Orijen: Love this. We haven’t tried the fish flavor, but we love the others and Mom says it looks like real, high quality food, much better than fancy feast.

Stella and Chewy’s: Love, love, love the shreds. We‘ll eat the pate, but we‘ve had better. Also looks and smells like human grade food.

Northwest Naturals rehydrated freeze dried raw rabbit: We’ll sell our souls for more of this.

Northwest Naturals frozen raw rabbit: One of us loves it, the other looks at Mom pitifully, betrayed, when she puts it out. This comes in handy because the one who likes it needs more calories anyway.

Weruva: No thank you. We really liked one flavor but then Mom bought a case of it so we couldn’t like it anymore.

Wellness: Meh. Edible, but not our favorite.

CatEng

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just tried the Rawz rabbit for my IBD Cat, it's a no go. He'd rather starve.
Farmina ND in general are a hit, he likes all of them so far, but we suspect he doesn't do well on them and there's too many ingredients to figure out the offenders.
Canada Fresh Red Meat: It's okay. He'll eat it if there's nothing else.
Almo HQS Nature - Chicken and cheese: Loves them, randomly gets violently sick from them (the other non IBD cat loves them and never gets sick) so they're banned in this house now

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was secretly rooting for food reviews written “by” the cats here, but this is extremely helpful.
Yeah, but cats would have to come on here every week to change their reviews.

Merrick Limited Ingredient Duck - love it, I've eaten every bit of it whenever she feeds it to me for five years now!
Merrick Limited Ingredient Duck - the Devil's own elixir, I won't touch it. I can't believe she serves me this muck!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Maggie does not like orijen tuna salmon beef but she does like chicken duck. Beware,oiijen does have alot of calories.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A follow-up, Churu has become more acceptable for Captain, and Weruva is ok too. He decided he liked an older version of Forza10, and fortunately he's also liking their new version.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot about forwarding 10. My cat might like it. Right now peaches is addicted to orijen duck chicken in gravy. I thought she was intolerant to chicken but can eat this

orangie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Orange is generally not fussy and we try to rotate through the whole list of wet at the local pet store. But lately he’s decided no go on Wellness Chicken and Lobster and anything that even hints at Turkey.

of course I had 8 cans of the turkey at home, tried twice in a week and both were received like I was trying to poison him. Lol
I went to the store to exchange and there was a new young teen working the counter. I politely asked if I could just do a straight exchange for another flavour (same brand, same size). This young man looks at me and says,
“How old is your cat?”
“15” I say.
And in all seriousness he says,
“Why are you only figuring it out now that he won’t eat this kind?”
😂🤣😆
Guessing he’s NOT owned by a cat

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
For Hobbes he is not picky what so ever. He’d eat a shoe if he could. I love researching what little treats I can give him that are safe. He loves his Open Farm or something like that dry food. Forget what his wet food it called, but he gets half a can a day (still tiny). Goes bananas for Churus. He recognizes the little tube, smarty pants. He just looks at it and starts rubbin. Love it.