My cat's weird behavior

werra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a bird who I am teaching  how to whistle a song, Whenever I start to whistle a tune, my cat goes to me meowing and then she will bite my forearm but the bite is really gentle and it does not hurt. Then when I whistle again and whenever she can reach my head she will do that again on my head. Do you know why my cat do this? She will only do that whenever I whistle a tune.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

werra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok but she doesn't seem to attack me her bite is really gentle. I also have other cat that stays on my bed and while I am sleeping, he is biting my lips or cheeks to wake me up.

werra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No because her voice too is not the kind that will want to attack. I don't know if she disliked the tune because even if she is sleeping she will wake up and meow to me with a gentle voice then bite me gently.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats don't like strange noises and their way of telling you is to gently nip at you. My aunt and uncle's cat used to do that when I whistled. It was never a hard bite since the cat was very friendly, but he was letting me know that he preferrred if I stopped my whistling by nipping at me.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could also be disturbing her ears?  Depending on how high the whistle is.  Think about nails on a chalkboard... Maybe this is the kitty cat version? 

werra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK thanks maybe she is just disturbed with the way I whistles. The higher the pitch I whistled the more disturbed she was when I do that. Thanks for the answers