My Cats Tooth Is Sticking Out

pheonix1410

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey,
I just noticed that one my cat's tooth is sticking out of his mouth and digging into his lip. Theres a little wound made by the tooth in his lower lip. Why is this happening? is it natural? Should I take him to vet immediately?
He is behaving normally. Eating, playing as usual so I don't think he is in pain. But I ma scared that the wound might grow deeper.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is your cat?
Sometimes older cats can have a longer tooth from the upper teeth. Once I asked a vet and she told me that a tooth may slip out of its seat and appear longer. It will eventually fall. This is what I was told.
My cat has her left upper tooth longer than the right one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pheonix1410

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How old is your cat?
Sometimes older cats can have a longer tooth from the upper teeth. Once I asked a vet and she told me that a tooth may slip out of its seat and appear longer. It will eventually fall. This is what I was told.
My cat has her left upper tooth longer than the right one.
So this tooth will fall and new one will come?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby teeth fall and are replaced within the 5th month of life, so this is the definitive tooth and won't be replaced if it falls. Can you estimate how longer is it compared to the other one?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Sonic's upper canines (although we're down to one canine now after his dental surgery last year) have always been a bit "vampire kitty" and protruded a bit - is the lower lip actually bleeding or raw? If so I'd speak to the vet.

pheonix1410

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Sonic's upper canines (although we're down to one canine now after his dental surgery last year) have always been a bit "vampire kitty" and protruded a bit - is the lower lip actually bleeding or raw? If so I'd speak to the vet.
Its not bleeding

pheonix1410

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Baby teeth fall and are replaced within the 5th month of life, so this is the definitive tooth and won't be replaced if it falls. Can you estimate how longer is it compared to the other one?
his other teeth are of normal size, this one is a bit longer

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could it be that the tooth has always been a bit longer and you never realized?
Have you noticed if the tooth is moving, even if very little?

Last night I had a look at my cat's teeth and saw that one is a tiny bit longer, but it isn't moving. Both teeth are digging in her lower lip, I wasn't able, though, to take a photo of them.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It just looks to me as if the cat has a slight overbite and the upper canines protrude. My Sonic (aka "Vampirekitty") has this issue (I thought I wanted a cat that I could take to shows as well as being a lovely companion when I went to the breeder, of course I came home with the little fellow who wasn't show quality but climbed up me and fell asleep on my arm - my best friend for 11 years now).