My cat's personality changed!!

papermoon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Long story short, found a baby kitten and I get to keep him

So before Oliver(kitten) arrived, I already had two cats Diva(oldest by one month) and Spyair(the baby).
Spyair was the spunky, silly one of the group who would run crazy around the house, get on the dust sweeper or the back of my bike to ride along,talk the most, jump up on the bed and leave his toys, rub up all in your face...and yea...just silly.
But since Oliver came he's changed!!. I'am thankful that he warmed up to his lil brother Oliver so quickly, opposed to Diva, but it seems he's trying to act very mature now that the Oliver is here. Its like Oliver has taken Spyair's role!  Spyair used to play the same way Oliver does with Diva but now they don't play together anymoe either =(. Spyair still comes around to me and has his loveable side, but his spunky silly side is gone...

Has this ever happened to anyone and do you guys think he will  go back to being my funny/loveable big guy eventually?

Last edited:

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure how old Spyair is or how long you have had Oliver; but, it is normal for kittens to have some personality changes as they get older. Adding in a new cat/kitten also does change the dynamics amongst other cats, so you may be seeing this too.

Is Spyair still eating and using the litter box normally? Does he seem lethargic? Sometimes stress can bring on illnesses such as URIs and UTIs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

papermoon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Cat pack: Oliver has been with us for almost two weeks(by this saturday it will be 2 weeks).
Spyair is 2 years old , still eating and using the litter box. He doesn't seem stressed, Diva does but she's still shows her wacky moments here and there around me. I did notice though that Spyair did hide from Oliver one time. I think ima try to separate them alil bit more and try and baby him up again.

thanks for the reply

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, I've heard of cats changing their behavior when a new cat is introduced.  In most cases, I believe that they gradually go back to their own ways.  Congrats on your new kitty!