My cat's nipple is white and full of liquid (pus?)

jjaggii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone.

While I was petting my cat, I touched something very weird. I took a look at her stomach area and noticed one of her nipples was white. Her other nipples are normal for a pregnant lady (been pregnant once but not yet spayed.)

I touched it to see if it hurt her and I saw she had no reaction. When I squeezed the white nipple, it moved around like liquid. It is not any bigger or smaller than her other nipples (picture perspective distorted it somewhat).

I will take her to the vet soon but I wanted to know:
- what medication she needs while we wait for the vet.
- what can I do for her.
and, - what is this??

Thank you all kindly to those who can reply!
IMG_20240403_212736_094.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS, despite what brought you here. I honestly don't think there is anything for you to do before you have the vet take a look. If that is pus, then she has an infection and needs to be treated with antibiotics. There does appear to be a slight redness around the nipple itself, which would also point to infection.

If there is a hold up on the vet's part of getting your cat seen, perhaps sending them a pic would prompt some interest in them to get her seen sooner rather than later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jjaggii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS, despite what brought you here. I honestly don't think there is anything for you to do before you have the vet take a look. If that is pus, then she has an infection and needs to be treated with antibiotics. There does appear to be a slight redness around the nipple itself, which would also point to infection.

If there is a hold up on the vet's part of getting your cat seen, perhaps sending them a pic would prompt some interest in them to get her seen sooner rather than later.
I was planning to take her to the vet on Friday!

Hopefully she'll get her treatment really soon. She's been a really amazing gal about it and seems to be free of any other warning signs (no fevers, weird behaviors, eating well, sleeping well, all as usual).

Thank you so much for your reply. It's assuring to have an idea about things :))

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please come back here and tell us what the Vet says once she's been seen. We're always interested in the "after" story ;)