My cats' neck

debral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Chad is a black American short hair..an indoor always cat.
I found one small bump on the right side of his neck.a very firm bump and some scabs. I purchased from a pet shop some Zymox Topical Cream, and the scabs healed. But the bump or pimple was still there.
I noticed a black mark on the lower corner of a wall and he was rubbing his neck against it. Touching this black mark, I noticed it was sticky.I cleaned it with bleach, but now Chad has more bumps and scabs. I took him to the Humane Society Clinic. They said it's a flea allergy, but I have not seen any fleas nor have I been bitten. Instructions are to use the Zymox twice a day every other day, and the other days use antibiotic cream.
Has anyone heard of a cat with a skin fungus? I'm not convinced that this is a flea allergy.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are fungal infections that can affect cats but they usually present more dramatically than bumps and a few small scabs.   In a cat that has a flea allergy just one or two can cause a reaction.  Indoor cats aren't immune to fleas.  We can bring one in.  They don't attach to us but they will attach to our pets.  Have you used a topical flea treatment on her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Denice, thank you for responding.
I purchased flea treatment from the vet and applied it four days ago. Also had my carpet sprayed and cleaned thoroughly.
Suppose I should just be patient and see if these bumps and scabs are cured with the topicals.
If not, it's back to the vet.