My cats mood

jolnar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey can someone help me and tell me what’s happening with my cat it’s been 3 days she sleeps a lot a lot like too much and she’s not drinking so much water and she isn’t meowing she only meow only when I try to hold her but it’s like a sad meow and low , she isn’t playful like she was before and her nose , mouth and lower eyelid are raw (dry) , is she depressed or sick please help
IMG_5825.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jolnar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
+ she’s 1 year old

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: It sounds like it's time for a vet visit. We cannot give medical advice and from your description it appears she needs a vet to examine her and possibly recommend medical treatment. When is the last time she had a vet exam with bloodwork? I hope you can contact your vet and please let us know what happens. Best of luck! :crossfingers:

jolnar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So is she ok or not tho 😢

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So is she ok or not tho 😢
I'm truly sorry but once again we cannot give medical advice on the site. My best recommendation is to set up a vet appointment for her well being and your peace of mind.🤗

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi jolnar jolnar and a warm welcome to the forum !

Well, with those behavior changes, it does sound like she isn't feeling well. In that picture, she looks healthy......but, perhaps....sad?

Do her eyes look the same as usual to you? Do you have any older pictures of her that we could use to compare.

Some cat's eyes are round, like quarters. Hers look a little 'squinty' to me. Has she always looked like that?

What's been happening in the litterbox? How often does she normally poop? Pee? Has any of that changed?

Let's start with that.

jolnar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi jolnar jolnar and a warm welcome to the forum !

Well, with those behavior changes, it does sound like she isn't feeling well. In that picture, she looks healthy......but, perhaps....sad?

Do her eyes look the same as usual to you? Do you have any older pictures of her that we could use to compare.

Some cat's eyes are round, like quarters. Hers look a little 'squinty' to me. Has she always looked like that?

What's been happening in the litterbox? How often does she normally poop? Pee? Has any of that changed?

Let's start with that.
Yeah her pooping and peeing time changed I tried to put her inside the litter box when it’s been too long since she pooped and peed but she just set there and didn’t do anything , but she eats that’s the good thing and I saw her drink water 2 times but not too much. She’s soooo silent, her face kinda looks sad now it’s not like it was before she was looking more happy I think ,here’s a picture
IMG_4464.jpeg

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, she's just spectacular!

And, no question, she is unhappy now. In the older pic, her eyes are wide open - majorly different.

So it sounds like there have been pooping issues before today.

I need to hear all about that with as many details as you can think of. You're going to write a history of her pooping! :flail:

I also want to know exactly what's on her food menu.

That's it!

jolnar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OMG, she's just spectacular!

And, no question, she is unhappy now. In the older pic, her eyes are wide open - majorly different.

So it sounds like there have been pooping issues before today.

I need to hear all about that with as many details as you can think of. You're going to write a history of her pooping! :flail:

I also want to know exactly what's on her food menu.

That's it!
Lol, she eats dry food and I give her snacks especially today I gave her some snacks so she could be better it’s also a dry food snack it has vitamins and yeah often wet food but not a lot , nothing special on the menu , if u can help me and think about a new menu that I should start giving her give me an idea what to start feeding her and make it more healthy, and how can I make her want to poop bc now I’m really worried about the poop like is it normal that she hasn’t pooped all day she only peed once maybe

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, it's only today that she hasn't pooped, so far?

You cheat, btw! I need nitty-gritty details about her litterbox history - have there been problems before?...and, exactly what are the foods she's getting?

jolnar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

You cheat, btw! I need nitty-gritty details about her litterbox history - have there been problems before?...and, exactly what are the foods she's getting?
I didn’t really noticed if she pooped or not yesterday but I found out about the litter box problem today, some of the snack I give her is seafood flavored and her normal dry food is chicken flavor

jolnar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hey I was outside with the cat and I saw her sniffing the grass or just licking them and when we got inside she meowed a little and her meowing was as always and not a sad low meow , after she meowed she threw up 2 times it was liquid and grass then after like 10 minutes I saw her thrown up it was food and grass , then she threw up again it was good and a little liquid with grass , is throwing up a sign that she will get better? + I’m noticing that her nose isn’t so dry like it was it’s starting to get pink