My Cats Gone Bonkers!! Help

Beans Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My female cat Bean is going to be a year old in April.. When she was a young kitten and displayed this odd behavior, we found it somewhat amusing and laughed it off.. We'll I believe it's something more than a lil boredom. It has progressed into constant(and I mean CONSTANT) hissing, growling and now really attacking her tail. She runs from it even.. If shes not asleep or absolutely engulfed in attention from us. She's fighting with her tail. It has become quite bothersome.. And I'm sure she's not loving this either.. Any advice?? Please....

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet issue. Doesn't sound normal. A cat playfully chasing its own tail once in a while is one thing, but seriously attacking it, hissing, growling & (if your sure) running from it? Something is very much not right.

Take a video for your vet. Otherwise they may not fully appreciate just how extreme this seems like -- might think your a novice cat owner overreacting to normal tail chasing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beans Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Vet issue. Doesn't sound normal. A cat playfully chasing its own tail once in a while is one thing, but seriously attacking it, hissing, growling & (if your sure) running from it? Something is very much not right.

Take a video for your vet. Otherwise they may not fully appreciate just how extreme this seems like.

Beans Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah.. She turns sometimes and sees that it's still trailing her and hisses and runs the other direction. And often on me like saying"Hey Mom something isn't right.. Help!" And I feel awful..

Beans Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's definitely bothered by this, as well as I.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found an article directly on this topic for you. Why Does Your Cat Attack Her Tail? Try the H.I.S.S. Test

In your case, it sounds more like a psychological abnormality. If it was fleas, parasites or an arthritic joint as raised in the article, I wouldn't think you would get a cat running from their tail? Your cat doesn't have the rippling back thing does it?

Last edited: